*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A bookshelf
  2. The Discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1548581-The-secret-room-in-the-basement/cid/676480-A-bookshelf
by Jake
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1548581
A girl finds a secret door in the basement. What happens after that is a mystery.
This choice: A bookshelf  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A bookshelf

    by: Quick-Quill
Anna looked around for a light switch but didn't find any. There seemed to be light in the room even though she couldn't see where it came from. The ceiling was about an inch higher than her head when she stood. Along the wall was a bookshelf filled with books, a small table and chair were along the wall next to it. On the table was a sheet of paper, a pot of some kind of black stuff and a feather.
Anna loved to read. She went straight to the shelves and looked at the spines, trying to read the titles of the books. They seemed to be in a different language.
There was a large fat book on the chest high shelf. When she pulled it out, the doorway behind her slid closed. Frightened she pushed the book back but the door did not open. She ran to the wall and pushed on it. Calling out all the names of her sister, brother and father. The sound bounced around the room. No one was going to hear her.
The room remained light. At the shelves she pulled the book next to the fat one out, hoping the door would open. A pillow apeared on the floor. She pulled on the next one, beautiful rug was under the pillow. She smiled and started to have some fun. A blue book caused a nice chair to appear, and the dark brown one made a fireplace appear with a warm fire.
She was tired of pulling books. Sitting on the chair she studied the books she had pulled out. There seemed to be a pattern. She loved puzzles, maybe this was just a puzzle she had to figure out. When she pulled a red checked book out, food was on the table. There was a hamberger, fries and a milkshake. After eating she was a little sleepy, so she curled up on the big chair and wrapped herself in a blanket.
When she awoke, the books were all pushed in, but the items that appeared were still in the room. She wanted her family. Pounding on the wall and calling their names brought no one to her rescue.
She remembered the pattern she had found and pulled a set of books like stairsteps on from the shelves.
The wall opposite the one she had come in slid open.
Anna didn't rush right in like she had the first time. Cautiously she put her head in the doorway and looked inside. It was a long hallway with a small light at the end.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1548581-The-secret-room-in-the-basement/cid/676480-A-bookshelf