*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Housewife
  2. Woman
  3. 25 year old
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562645-The-Unusual-Transplant/cid/1502538-Housewife
by Aly
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562645
you die and your heart gets transplanted into a patient. then you wake up in their body
This choice: Identity (1)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Housewife

    by: Unknown
I was grateful of waking up in a lonely room. Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't that of a lone wolf (obviously), but my new circumstances were so overwhelming that having a time alone to accept them was... divine.

That morning I met Esther, my morning nurse. I didn't ask when I first met her, but I get to know that she came to the States from Venezuela when she was young, she has two children and her late husband died at Afghanistan... I didn't go deeper. And also a felt a little awkward by the fact that, somehow, I felt more connected to Esther because of her motherly treat than with Brittany, a young and friendly nurse in her last year of training.

Might I had been already getting in synchrony with my new self? I don't know.

The morning passed and so the afternoon arrived.

I met a third nurse then, Grace.

I won't deny that it was an unexpected surprise to discover that my third nurse was as young as Brittany but at the same time her complete opposite... I can't think in a better way to describe her, and maybe trying to do it would be kind of disrespect full to one of those who helped me so much at that time; she was a gothic girl.

Three days passed like that and the only thing I discovered by my conversations with the nurses, since the few doctors that came in seemed so busy to pay attention to anything else that the chart at my bed's, that I had a extremely complicated and sort of rare brain surgery; thought non of them new the complete details all of them were warned that I wouldn't act as the woman I was supposed to be, but also that they should treat me as woman I look like. That part drove me nuts... And I suspect that was the reason the doctors were ignoring me; since it wasn't until I began to react calmed, in a sort of acceptance, at my new condition, that I got finally a doctors attention.

It was the night of the third day when I met Dr. Marcus Lankaster. At first he just observed me and began a conversation in a way that he could determine if I was in my five senses. After what he explained me roughly what the experimental surgery did, and suddenly everything have sense... even though it sound as crazy as any spy fi move I have seen.

<< A brain transplant! >>

I stood quiet in shock. The doctor gave me time to process the news, but when a light of hope born inside of me, Dr Lankaster crushed it instantly with a single closing line.

"And that's how we performed the miracle that save your life Ms. Sullivan."

"Ms. Sullivan?" I asked confuse.

"That's right, you are Elisabeth Sullivan, miss." Dr. Lankaster stated without hesitation.

"But... But I'm not Elisabeth Sullivan, I'm Jonathan Dover." I replied with a begging tone.

Dr. Marcus sighed looking for the smoothest way to tell me the true of my new reality. But there wasn't.

"I'm sorry to tell you this: The brain transplant is still a highly complicated procedure with just a 7% of success. That's one of the main reason it is still not public that it can be done. Second, because of the secrecy of the same, there's no way we can support a real way to prove your pass identity, Ms. Sullivan."

That worlds resounded at my head as a dead sentence. "Is there nothing you can do? really?" I said about to cry begging for a little light of hope. A grabbed by breasts and looked into the doctor's eyes. "I can't be a woman." I broke. "I'm a guy."

"I'm sorry" He sighed. "I wish a could help you to return to your previous self, but the true is that even if we used the DNA of your brain to prove who you were, everything else in you says that you are a Elisabeth Sullivan, a 25 years old housewife... wife of Michael Sullivan and mother of two."

I couldn't believe it. I wasn't Jonathan Dover anymore.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Time alone

2. Meeting your family

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Aly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562645-The-Unusual-Transplant/cid/1502538-Housewife