*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/714489-Im-here-to-request-your-assistance
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572947
A mysterious costume store that offers a whole new life.
This choice: "I'm here to request your assistance."  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

"I'm here to request your assistance."

    by: Yote
"The United States Government has taken a very keen interest in your shop. Or rather, it's merchandise. Indefinite and stable transformations, easily transported and applied but, once worn, undetectable to modern technology and indistinguishable from the real thing. Their greatest wizards have been working on such things for decades, and then you come along with a warehouse stocked to the brim with them!"

Babbingtree blushed a little with professional pride. "You've tried the merchandise then?"

"Of course. We sent one of our best men in a few weeks ago to collect a sample." Prendergast scowled. "Even our Curse Breakers couldn't remove the effects. She's now living as an elf in a forest in Virginia."

"Good for him."

"Anyway... the point is, the US treasury has authorized me to be as generous as I see fit until your stock and services have been secured." From out of his long cloak, Prendergast drew a chequebook and quill, and scribbled down a number. It had a lot of zeros in it.

Babbingtree folded his arms. "I didn't get into magic to manufacture weapons. I know what you'll use my magic for - spying. And worse."

The other wizard shrugged and added another zero. "Perhaps. But think of all the good you could do. The witness protection program could really use you. And not to mention the advances to science and medicine... " He added a few more zeros, and kept on adding them untll...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/714489-Im-here-to-request-your-assistance