*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1591235-Belly-Busters/cid/746031-What-the-hell-is-Mark-doing-here
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · LGBTQ+ · #1591235
Need a quality meal? Then come to Belly Busters for the food, and those that enjoy it!
This choice: What the hell is Mark doing here?  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

What the hell is Mark doing here?

    by: robeahug
John's eyelids fluttered as he awoke from being unconscious. He looked around at his surrounding, but something wasn’t right.

“Hey! This isn’t Belly Busters,” stated John to no one in particular. “Where the heck am I? What the –“

A bunch of canned foods fell to the ground as a big body collided into shelf full of them. Whipping his head frantically in the direction of the noise, John was surprised to see a familiar face.

“Mark? Aren’t you supposed to be at home? What are you doing here?”

A deep, low chuckle escaped from his roommate. “Man, you must have hit your head harder than they said. Heh, heh! You really don’t recognize me?”

“What are you talking about, Mark? I think that I would be able to remember who my roommate is. We have been living together for the past three years.”

“Heh! Man, I thought you would have been able to know who I am from my voice, but I guess I’m going to jog your memory.”

Heavy steps from the mysterious man created a loud thud, which filled John with feelings of anxiety and curiosity. He felt as his heart was going to burst out of his chest as he waited for the man to reveal his true identity. Trying to calm himself down, John tried to take in a deep breath. He held it in as the footsteps came into the light that was in front of him. His eyes grew as large as dinner plates as the other man in the room exposed himself.

“ANTHONY?!”

John was shocked to see Mark’s younger brother standing in front of him. Rubbing his right hand against his temple as he tried to compose himself, he said, “I thought that you left to Japan a couple of months ago. What are you doing in a place like this?”

“Things didn’t go too well with the relatives. Umm.. You see- Wait, a minute! Let’s not focus on myself for a minute. How about we do something about getting you home first? I bet my brother’s all worried about you, especially since you never leave the house.”

“Hey! I am a grown ass man! I can do whatever I feel like, and I feel like getting me something to eat! Now, how do I get out of this basement?”

“We closed about an hour ago, but I think that our chef can whip you something to eat. I don’t think that the owner would mind, especially since a customer of his got injured in his restaurant. Just follow me, and we will get some food in that belly of yours.”

John rose from the counter that he was lying on. He followed the sound of Anthony’s footsteps out of the dark storage area. Concerned with getting some food in his growling belly, he disregarded the questions about his roommate’s appearance in this food joint. He told himself that asking Anthony why and how did he ended working at this place instead of pursuing his dream in Japan was not as important as eating that delicious food that he saw on the T.V.

When they had reached the top of the stairs, Anthony directed John to a booth to sit at. John was about say something to him when Anthony begun to walk away from. Stunned by this sudden action, John was unsure what to do. He thought that he was finally going to taste the food that Belly Busters had to offer. Depressed and disappointed, John slipped into a slump as he dropped himself into a seat. He was relieved when Anthony came back with a pitcher of beer and a bowl of hot wings.

“Here you go, man. I got you some leftovers from today, but there hasn’t been that much food lately. I asked the chef, Big Billy, to whip something up, and he said that he bring it over in a couple of minutes.”

Salivating, John grabbed the chicken wings and started to eat possibly the biggest chicken wings he has ever eaten. John was so focused on devouring what might have been the best wings in his life he didn’t
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 robeahug (UN: robeahug at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
robeahug has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1591235-Belly-Busters/cid/746031-What-the-hell-is-Mark-doing-here