*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Home Sweet Home
  2. Gary Wilson, a docter
  3. It begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1601462-The-Five-Forgotten/cid/1043313-Home-Sweet-Home
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1601462
Five survivors face the undead. Now celebrating its tenth anniversary!
This choice: His home thats about 3 miles west of the city  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Home Sweet Home

    by: RissyRoo
Deciding to go back to his home, the one he shared with his late wife Shelly, to gather his medical bag and perhaps some weapons. Still rather dazed by all that has happened and the fact that his second wife is now one of the walking dead population, numb and so scared that he can barely feel anything around him, he stumbles in the direction of the house that was once a loving home.

The intersections and the suburban roads are desolate and eerily quiet as he weaves his way through the center of town. Not wanting to be faced with any stumbling corpses, he was still ready for one to block his path... at least one. But he didn't see any living or not living being anywhere in sight. Leaves and trash littered the streets, abandoned cars with their doors still wide open from apparent previous escape.

Every corner he was faced to turn he expected the worst, but he was just forced to endure nothing but deathly silence. Amazingly nothing looked that disturbed. Store windows were intact, there was not any blood smears on walls or cars. It was as though the population just up and disappeared, not that they had probably been eaten by non feeling, non living creatures. It just added to the dream state Gary had felt he'd been existing in the past five days.

After he'd started to hear the reports of the unknown infection on the news that first morning while on call at the hospital he'd called home to Shelly to see if she had seen anything strange around their neighborhood. She'd told him that everything seemed fine, she wasn't worried and told him that he shouldn't either. But she had not been one to get too over worked over anything she had heard on the news.

A strong willed woman, she'd always been the one to calm him when he was upset. His quick temperament would get him into trouble periodically, especially with people that did not want to listen to reality. He wasn't one to live in a false, rose colored, environment. So his nerves had not been on edge too badly when he rang his wife that afternoon, but he did feel a bit of concern and wanted to quell that by at least hearing Shelly's soothing voice. She had told him that Bree had come by and they had talked about the garden club, sipping lemon aid and gossiping a bit. Told him that the van they owned was leaking a bit of fuel and that would probably have to be looked at when he got home or over the weekend when he had time, but other than that everything was perfectly normal.

His mind at ease he'd told her he loved her, like he would always end an exchange with her, and went about the rest of his morning checks at the hospital. But as the evening came and dinner would soon be on it's way things had gotten so very worse. Patients were coming in with gaping wounds, huge chunks of flesh that had been bitten out by other people. Being a rational person Gary just couldn't imagine that a mysterious case of biters were on the loose all of a sudden. The more he talked to patients and the people that brought them in and followed their account of events that lead them to the hospital he became more fearful.

He had been scheduled to get off of work at seven in the evening and he only had thirty minutes left on his shift when he decided to call Shelly again. He punched in the number to his home phone while he stressfully leaned against the nurses station, tapping his finger tips on the counter and counting off the rings 1..2..3...7...9. That's when he really started to worry.

He knew that his wife should very well be home now, he called regularly right before leaving to see if he could pick up something from the store on his way home. So for her not to answer at least by the third for fourth ring wasn't in her nature. That's when he was grabbed from behind by a nurse.

"Doctor, Doctor! I'm so glad I found you. We've been looking for you for the last then minutes, it's your wife... she's been brought into operating room seven-two and, well, you have to come, you just have to!" nurse Tina said hysterically.


You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Race behind Tina to room 72.

*Noteb*
2. Grab the nurses shoulders and demand more information.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 RissyRoo (UN: woodiezwifey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
evil dude has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1601462-The-Five-Forgotten/cid/1043313-Home-Sweet-Home