*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Nagas in the night
  2. Adrian
  3. Start
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1604652-Nagas-Forest/cid/827790-Nagas-in-the-night
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1604652
What happens when humans tread into the realm of nagas? You decide.
This choice: He finds a spot to camp  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Nagas in the night

    by: Drez



The forest that Adrian was in now was said to be home to a bunch of Naga; half-snake/half-human creatures that were elusive. Local people from the little city that was at the edge of the forest told him all about the naga in the forest. In fact, the people consider the forest as the naga's forest as if the naga really owned it. One kid about seven named Danny told Adrian about how he got lost in the forest one time and ran into a nice naga named Carmen. According to Danny, Carmen was about 100 feet long and beautiful...for a naga. After hearing the tall-tales of the naga in the forest, he bought some camping gear and entered the dense forest.
Throughout the long day, Adrian saw no evidence of any naga; just the usual wildlife you'd find in any other forest. At one point, Adrian saw a bear off in the distance along with three or four little cubs. As the day wore on, Adrian doubted he would run into a naga...but it was a good hike. The forest had no paths to speak of. He kept following the stream deep into the forest. By early evening, Adrian had reached a high ridge that overlooked the small city of Oakdale. He took a moment to take in the sights, not noticing that he was being watched. By late evening, Adrian found a good place to set up a camp; a sizable clearing about 40 feet square. There, he found the remains of an ancient campfire. The old campsite looked to be about two years old. Adrian set up a medium-sized tent and built a large campfire and settled in for the night.
If the forest was noisy in daylight, it was nothing compared to the forest at night; there were animal noises everywhere and once or twice the long howl of a wolf. For dinner, Adrian had some hot dogs. He bought along a small battery-powered radio which he listened to the local rock station. At around midnight, Adrian had whipped out a camera that could see in the dark and decided to take a little stroll before settling in for bed. Adrian saw some squirrels with the camera and what looked to be a wolf in the distance. Then he spotted something on the ground; a sight heat signature on the ground. By the looks of it, the heat signature seemed to be some kind of track; a track that a snake would leave behind. Adrian carefully measured the track and found it was about 40 feet thick and 20 feet long. "That's one hell of a snake" said Adrian softly. Maybe the stories about the naga were real after all. Adrian returned to his campsite and crawled into his tent and sleeping bag and quickly fell asleep. The only sound at the campsite was the soft music from the radio.
Some time later, Adrian woke with a start. For a moment, Adrian looked around wildly to find what sound had woken him so suddenly. He clicked off the radio and listened. A faint dragging sound was coming from outside. It was steadily getting nearer. Adrian's first thought that it was a bear. Then he heard someone giggling softly.
"The radio hasssss gone sssssilent" said a soft voice that had a hissing quality.
"The batteriessss must've gone out" said another voice, a female one.
"Could it be naga....?" thought Adrian to himself. 'What should I do?'

You have the following choices:

1. Adrian exits the tent and meets the two naga

*Noteb*
2. Adrian stays put in the tent and feigns sleep

*Noteb*
3. Something Different

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Drez (UN: erik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FantasyFanX has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1604652-Nagas-Forest/cid/827790-Nagas-in-the-night