*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1617726-The-Transmogrifier/cid/1034535--an-inventor-living-alone
by gugubu
Rated: GC · Interactive · Comedy · #1617726
One day, you come across a device which can transform you in any way - the transmogrifier!
This choice: ... an inventor living alone.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

... an inventor living alone.

    by: rosenheimer
...living alone. Since your love is science and you worked hard all your life you never had the opportunity to find a wife or something or found a family.
You only have your old mother, since your Dad died some month ago. He had cancer.

***

That day, you're as always busy working in your workshop on your newest invention: the holographic projector. With it, you can scan in objects and persons and project the scanned images as hologram - at least that's the plan! And that is what the company, you work for as a freelancer wants. At least this week you have to present them finally a prototype that they pay you the promised down payment, which are 20.000$/€….
You need the money and worked hard to make this thing working and now is the moment of starting the test phase and maybe, when it works well you can call them and make an appointment for presentation…

"Finally... this should work!" you mumble and pick up the small device. It closely resembles an iPod - that is because you used the case of one for it.
You walk over to a video cam you put there for making recordings and turn it on.

"Video 23. Finally, I think I've made a breakthrough! Let's see..." you say and walk in front of the camera.

There, you point that thing onto a nearby potted plant and press some button.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...

For some seconds, there's a flashing "SCANNING" on the screen. Finally, it turns into a "SCAN COMPLETED". Right then, you point that device into thin air and push a button.

Suddenly, a continuous stream of energy escapes from the device. In front of you, an exact copy of the plant fades into existence. "OH YES!" you shout and crawl down on the floor, putting the device behind you on the floor... Just then, the plant turns transparent. "Huh?" you say and go a little closer to examine it.

That's when another burst of energy emerges from the device! Suddenly, a tingly feeling rushes over your body. The whole world seems to change, until that feeling passes away. "What was that?" you try to ask - only no sound escapes your mouth. You try to move, but to no avail! 'WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME?'.

You have the following choices:

1. you became the plant

*Noteb*
2. something else

*Noteb*
3. the device explodes and burns inside your workshop-- danger!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rosenheimer (UN: rosenheim34 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
gugubu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1617726-The-Transmogrifier/cid/1034535--an-inventor-living-alone