*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. First Contact
  2. Meet the Stranger
  3. More Choices?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1639771-Ruby-High/cid/892784-First-Contact
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1639771
Welcome to Ruby City all-girl high school, where anything and everything can happen!
This choice: Try to talk to Erin about it.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

First Contact

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
I caught up to Erin as she was about to go into the locker room for P.E. Fortunately, it was my next class as well. Erin was very small for her age, only a few inches taller than my little sister, with long and flowing auburn hair and gentle green eyes. Most everyone liked her as she always looked them in the eye. Only now I understood the true reason behind it.

"Hey, Erin." I said. "Can we talk?"

Erin nodded but did not speak. By that time, we were in the locker room and Erin was reluctant to look at me or even turn in my direction. Other girls would have just assumed that she was feeling shy. Only, I knew better, as I heard her conversation with her brother, Eric, through the mirror.

"Look, I'm decent." I told her. "I kind of overheard your conversation with Eric at your locker... Is there any way I could help you deal with this?"

Erin slowly looked up at me, her eyes watering slightly. "You're not the first girl here to catch on to my problem." she said, quietly. She sobbed a little. "But your the first to offer me any help." She sobbed a little more. "I don't have an answer for you... I'm sorry."

"Well, at least I got through to her." I thought, "I might as well run with it and see where it goes." Then I said "Um... would you like to come over to my place after school and talk about it? Mom would love to have you over."

Erin gave me a tiny smile. It was the first smile I had seen from her since she first arrived at the school. "No one has ever invited me over before," she said, still quietly. "Do I have to wear anything special?"

I giggled at that and shook my head. "No, mom can take you to my place right from school and take you home afterwards." I paused. "Would your folks be okay with that?"

Erin blushed. "They want me to get out more often," she replied. "They won't mind... I'll call them during lunch."

"Great." I said. "I'll do the same."

Erin's smile grew a little wider. "Thank you, Ashley," she said timidly, "You... made me... happy."

With that she opened her locker to get her gym uniform and frowned at her mirror. "Don't worry so much, Eric." she whispered. She then took the magnetic mirror off the inner wall of the locker door and placed it upside down onto a shelf. "I'll be okay."

Later that afternoon, Erin was nervously sitting at my kitchen table with my family and myself. I wanted to talk to her but I was not expecting my whole family to get into the act.

What should I do?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Politely ask for privacy.

2. Take Erin to my bedroom.

*Noteb*
3. Tell Erin my family is 'cool'.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michelle-the-Monster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1639771-Ruby-High/cid/892784-First-Contact