*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1639771-Ruby-High/cid/940761-She-started-to-get-younger-and-younger
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1639771
Welcome to Ruby City all-girl high school, where anything and everything can happen!
This choice: She started to get younger and younger.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

She started to get younger and younger.

    by: BeeJay
I always thought Mom looked nice, but she was very concerned with these little lines forming on her face. Dad always said they were just laugh lines, but Mom didn't think they were any laughing matter. She tried everything that promised to erase wrinkles, but nothing worked.

When I looked at her that night, however, I could see that those little lines were fading. "Hey, Mom," I said, "have you been doing something different?"

"Don't try to butter me up, young lady," she said.

I shut up, but I kept studying her. Then, I picked up on her hair.

See, she had started getting a few white hairs here and there. Nothing major, but enough to bother her. Tonight, though, there were no white hairs at all. That's when I knew that, whatever caused strange things to happen at Ruby high, it was starting to affect my mother.



We went home after the final review. It was as bad as I'd anticipated, but I couldn't think about it. I was completely focused on my mom. By the time we got home, she looked a good ten years younger.

When we got in the door, Mom just took her coat off and headed for her bedroom. "There'll be no bonus for Ashley tonight," she said. "I'm going to bed."

Dad took a good look at her, and turned to me when she left the room. "Does your mother look... different?"

I nodded. "She's getting younger." I wasn't quite ready to tell him about the weirdness at Ruby High. I just headed upstairs to my own bed.



The next morning, I was brushing my teeth, when I heard a scream. The voice was young, but I somehow knew it was Mom. I ran down the stairs to see what it was.

Sure enough, it was Mom, but she was too young to be my mother anymore. In fact, she was...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. High school age

*Noteb*
2. Middle school age

*Noteb*
3. Grade school age

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BeeJay (UN: bartfargo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Michelle-the-Monster has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1639771-Ruby-High/cid/940761-She-started-to-get-younger-and-younger