*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662313-/cid/1879982-a-few-seconds-before-you-come-home
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1662313
what the-?
This choice: …a few seconds before you come home!  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

…a few seconds before you come home!

    by: Unknown
Much to your surprise, you're laying on the carpet of your living room. Bizarre, considering you were actually in your bedroom before the explosion.

Only tatters or burnt clothing hang off of your ash-colored skin, a stark contrast to the unchanged room. The familiarity of the room seems almost unusual, as though something about the room is missing. There aren't any holes or other damage in the walls, which would surely be present considering what transpired.

"What the hell…" You mutter under your breath. You're glad that there aren't any repair bills in the future, but it still feels as though you've stepped into a dream, as though you're in some separate state of existence rom your being.

Those nagging ideas, however, immediately vanish as a familiar sound hits your ears. It's whistling, following a tune you yourself know well.

It's getting closer. You stare at the front door with a look of trepidation, silently pleading that it doesn't open. The whistling walks along the walkway, getting closer to the door until your guest fumbles with his keys. Your fears are confirmed as the lock clicks open, and the door cracks open as somebody enters. He's not in for over a second as he screams in horror at the instant sight of you.

It's you. A spitting double of yourself when you'd entered the door before. The two of you lock eyes, silently staring at each other in utter shock. It's as though you're looking at a reflection in a mirror, one who'd managed to escape his glass prison and selfishly walk around.

After what feels like hours, you slowly tense your leg as you move it forward, taking a step towards him. He only watches uneasily as you approach him, but stays silent. Your footsteps become more generous as you get closer, navigating around the couch without losing any eye contact.

You stand only a few feet away, face-to-face with him as he stands frozen in the doorway. Without bearing any ill intent, you gently raise your hand and take a tentative step forward, as though he's a scared animal. He finally reacts to your presence and slowly raises his hand as well.

Both of your fingers are only a few inches away, until you finally make contact...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. A cordial handshake!

*Noteb*
2. TIME PARADOX!!!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
cr4ck1ngup2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662313-/cid/1879982-a-few-seconds-before-you-come-home