*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. MA5C Assault Rifle
  2. GO GO GO!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1721729-Carsil-342/cid/1150202-MA5C-Assault-Rifle
by Scorch
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Military · #1721729
A Halo Interative
This choice: MA5C Assault Rifle  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

MA5C Assault Rifle

    by: ResolveOfSteel
William's grip tightened on his AR, checking the amount of rounds it had in the cartridge before jumping from the open bay doors. He was almost immediately swamped with plasma fire coming from a group of grunts with a pair of hunters nearby. William ran for cover, a warthog that had been blasted onto it's side. He peeked over the top of the jeep, firing of a few rounds at the group of advancing grunts. The rest of his team had similar reaction's to his, running for what little cover was available. Not everyone was as lucky as he was though, it had only been five minutes, and they had already lost two men. William yelp, startled by a blast of plasma fire that had shot past his visor. Shaking his head and berating himself for not paying attention, he returned to the battle, blasting grunts and occasionally getting a few shots on the pair of hunters, the rest of the squad doing the same with their own assortment of weapons.

"Will!"

William turned his head towards the voice, crouching behind the worthog. It was Samuel, the squad's sniper, he was behind the remains of building, the rubble making excellent cover.

"What?" William yelled over the sounds of the skirmish.

"I can't get a good shot from here." He explained. "I need you to give me some covering fire so I can get to that building over there." He continued, motioning to a four story building across the street from the worthog.

"Consider it done. Wait for my signal, then run." William turned away from Samuel, pulling out a frag grenade. He pulled the pin and threw it into the crowd of grunts. The explosion killed the majority of the grunts and stunning the now lone hunter.

"Go, go, go!" William shouted, motioning for Samuel to run.

Samuel nodded before darting from behind the destroyed building, moving from cover to cover while William fired at the remaining grunts and hunter, drawing their fire away from the mobile sniper. When Samuel finally made it inside of the building, William's comm crackled to life.

"All right, thanks man. Now sit back and watch the fire works."

After a few moments of nothing but the sounds of gun fire, William heard, well, more gunfire. Five consecutive gunshots, considerably louder than the rest, five grunts dead. Five more gunshots, five more grunts dead. There weren't many left now. three grunts and the hunter. They were easily taken care of by the rest of the squad, which was now to only six men.

Sgt. Peters went to each man and colected the dog tags. Jerry Fisher, Samantha Bloom, Vern Yigs and Reggie Quint. Four great men and women, that will never get to see the outcome of the war.

After a short moment of silence, Peters stood and addressed the remaining soldiers.

"We lost some excellent men today. So when you're out there, remeber your fallen comrades, and for every one of us that they take, take from them a thousand of theirs! Now let's get out their and give those alien bastards hell!" This was met with a large cheer from the soldiers, their morale now recovered thanks to the Sargent's speech. "All right men, on me, we're heading deeper into the city, so be on your toes. So, according to the GPS data that I received, the main Coveanent force is in the heart of the city, so We'll split into three groups of two and approach them from the north, east and west, leaving the south open for Squads Zeta and Rho. Are we clear?" All of the soldiers nodded in response. "OK, the teams are gonna be..."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 ResolveOfSteel (UN: theone25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scorch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1721729-Carsil-342/cid/1150202-MA5C-Assault-Rifle