*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A change for the better.
  2. Mrs. Reynolds
  3. Meet Joshua
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1598593-A-change-for-the-better
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Spiritual · #1740052
A ten year-old boy becomes God on Earth. How does he use his unlimited, divine powers?
This choice: He tries to see if he can change himself  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A change for the better.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"With great power comes great responsibility." feeling overwhelmed, Josh muttered. "God must be testing me."

Wondering what to do with these powers, if anything at all, Josh walked up to a visitor who seemed more lost than any of the others. "What brings you to our humble church, sir?" softly, he asked.

The man, Josh immediately knew as Tom Stone, sighed. He was a tall, muscular man with short brown hair; one no one would want to see angry. Yet, looking into his blue eyes, Josh knew his true gentle nature. "I am at a loss of what to do with my son, Colby." tears forming, he replied. "You see, he and my wife were very close and the Lord took her from us." sobbing a little, he added, "I guess it was just her time. Colby, he sees it as unfair and sees no reason to continue and I am beginning to lose hope myself."

After a pause, I knew that Tom's wife, Sarah Stone had been sick with Cancer for some time but chose not to say anything about it until the illness finally took her. Feeling the man's pain, Josh gently took his hand. "Your wife, Sarah, married you to complete herself as well as to complete you." firmly but kindly, he said. "She gave birth to your son, Colby so he may live and you may find a way to live on."

"That is a beautiful sentiment." still sobbing, Tom said. "But it doesn't help to stop the pain."

Josh sighed then gently lifted the man's chin with his left hand. "Look to the alter, Tom Stone."his voice echoing throughout the church, he said. "See your wife, standing there."

Shaking, Tom looked up and began to cry freely, seeing his wife standing there. She was a petite woman with doll like features, wearing a long and flowing white dress. "I share your pain, being away from you, my love." sadly, she said. "However, know this... a day in heaven is a thousand years on Earth so in about an hour, Heaven's time, we will all be having a family reunion."

"I want to hold you now!" sobbing, Tom replied. "Colby and I miss you so much!"

Sarah lightly touched Tom's cheek and he touched her hand in return as she added, "I know that is a long time for you to wait but it will not be long for me, be happy in that respect." stroking Tom's hair, she said. "Keep a picture of me by your bed, tell Colby to do the same, and I will visit you both in your dreams." she then gave Josh a grateful smile and said, "I have to go."

With that, Sarah took a step back and vanished. Tom, still crying, turned to Josh and was surprised to find that he was holding two framed pictures of his wife. "How...?"

"I do listen to your prayers, Tom Stone." his voice still echoing, he said. "I may not answer directly but I do listen."

If it could, Tom's jaw would have hit the floor as he took the two pictures into his shaking hands. "You are...."

"I am."

With that, Josh vanished and reappeared where Tom could not see him and watched, teary eyed as Tom left the church, hugging the pictures of his late wife. *It feels good to reach out to those in need, doesn't it?* echoing in his mind, a voice asked. *We are all able to do this, if only we try.*

Josh smiled. "Even with giving me his power, He is still watching over me."

By changing the life of another for the better, Josh had changed himself as well.

What does Josh do next?

You have the following choices:

1. Seek out another in need.

*Noteb*
2. Go home.

*Noteb*
3. Your choice.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1740052-Joshua-Almighty/cid/1598593-A-change-for-the-better