*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Burning Expectations
  2. The Beginning of The End
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1778017-Nothing-Lasts-Forever/cid/1110873-Burning-Expectations
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Death · #1778017
What happens when you keep losing your hero? You just keep making new ones!
This choice: Keiran carries on playing in the garden  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Burning Expectations

    by: Paradoxical
Keiran looked up briefly as he heard the crash from inside, but soon turned back to pushing his toy cars across the finely trimmed grass. His mother ran out a few moments later, crying

Years passed, and Keiran's obsession with cars gew and grew. He first sat on his father's lap and took the wheel at the age of 5. From there, he progressed onto professional racing, and eventually became one of the finest Formula 1 drivers in history.

After six conscutive championship wins, Keiran was at the peak of his game. Seemingly undefeatable, he was heading straight for his seventh. Starting in pole position on a dry day at Monaco, it seemed another clear win was on the cards for Keiran.

That day, things didn't quite go as planned. He arrived late after his driver backed into into an irate mother of three on the way out of the lot. His usual car was out of commission, so Courtney Sheldon, his up-and-coming teammate had to sacrifice his car, and his race, for the good of the team.

Keiran started well, and held a lead of over a second as he went into the thirty-third lap. As he came out of the tunnel, he moved out to lap a lagging driver at the rear of the field. He clipped the other driver's front wheel as he pulled back into the racing line and spun straight into the tire wall.

At first, everything seemed fine. Keiran slapped the wheel in frustration, then tugged at his seatbelt. It was jammed, pinning him in his seat. Something stung his nostrils through the helmet. Burning gasoline. He began to panic. His fingers fumbled hopelessly with the buckle.

He scanned frantically for help. Looking over toward the stands, he could see Courtney standing at the front of the throng. He could feel the heat bulding beneath him.

You have the following choices:

1. Courtney runs over to help Keiran out of the car

*Noteb*
2. Courtney stays by the stands, frozen with fear

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Paradoxical (UN: rabidbaboon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Paradoxical has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1778017-Nothing-Lasts-Forever/cid/1110873-Burning-Expectations