*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Feel himself growing taller
  2. Mark
  3. What has come before.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780005-The-Pendant-of-Power/cid/1234936-Feel-himself-growing-taller
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1780005
Guys find a pendant giving them incredible powers of transformation and growth.
This choice: Feel himself growing taller  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Feel himself growing taller

    by: citywalker
The metal pressed against the skin of his neck burned slightly, but only one of the many weird sensations Mark felt. His skin tingled, vibrating with some sort of mysterious energy, and his muscles started to feel tense, like in the middle of lifting weights or something. The fabric of his clothes pressed against his skin, gradually growing tighter as the seconds passed.

"What the--?" Mark exclaimed aloud in astonishment as he looked down at his body. "Am I growing -- taller?"

Indeed he was. Thirty seconds had passed since the pendant started to glow, and already he seemed like he was significantly taller. He looked around the food court in a panic, but everyone seemed to be going about their business normally -- no one else noticed the changes he was going through.

A minute after he had started growing, the tingling sensations had died down, and Mark's body seemed to cease its sudden spurt of growth. His polo shirt had become untucked from his jeans, and had gone from being rather loose to practically form-fitting, showcasing the slender, athletic outline of his chest and stomach, while the sleeves appeared to be about to rip, and barely approached touching his biceps. If he were to guess, he would have said he had grown perhaps a foot taller practically instantaneously!

What on earth could have caused something like this, Mark wondered? "The pendant!" he whispered aloud as he fingered the still-glowing piece of metal. Of course! It seemed implausible, or at least too good to be true, but someway, some how, the pendant he had just bought must have been enchanted, and allowed him to -- well, what exactly? Granted his wish? Read his inner desire? Changed things on its own terms? And why was nobody else reacting to him suddenly growing right in plain sight, in the middle of the mall. Whatever the case, it seemed to be working out well for Mark so far, so he decided to keep the pendant on and hoped it would continue to bring him more pleasant surprises.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 citywalker (UN: citywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780005-The-Pendant-of-Power/cid/1234936-Feel-himself-growing-taller