*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1782513-Pevin--Levan/cid/1120441-They-are-both-summoned-to-the-kings-court-in-th
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by WGfan
Rated: GC · Interactive · Fantasy · #1782513
Pevin and Levan are two gay elves living and having adventures in the elven kingdom
This choice: They are both summoned to the kings court in the middle of their work  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

They are both summoned to the kings court in th...

    by: WGfan
Pevin was looking through a shelf full of old scrolls when a royal page appeared in the doorway. The page looked around for a moment before he hurried over to Pevin.
"You are expected at court. Please follow." Then the page began walking. Pevin hurriedly put down the scrolls he was holding and followed. What could the king possibly want with him? He hoped it wasen't something serious.
They entered the palace square. The square was huge and cobblestone marked an intricate pattern all over it. According to rumors it looked like a dragon from the palace towers, but only the royal familiy knew if that was true. Not even servants were allowed into the highest tower.
In the middle of the square there was a fountain, not very big, but very beautifull. It was a detailed statue of King Ervin the 1st, the founder of the kingdom, who united the elves more than 3000 years ago. Legend had it he was 300 years by the time he died, while most elves never lived past 215.
The palace was a huge building. Three large domes marked the corners of the triangular construction. Each dome was connected by wide buildings, leaving a triangular open area in the middle. In the of this area was the tower. The highest building ever made. It was connected to the palace by narrow buildings, hardly wider than an average corridor, one from each of the three buildings connecting the domes, dividing the open space in the middle into three equal parts completly divided from each other. One was the royal garden, one contained a well and was used by servants for drying washed clothes, and it also contained a stable. The last was used by the guard. It contained their barracks and the practicing field. Of course, this was not visible from the palace square. One of the straight buildings ran the entire lenght of the place, so that of the two domes marked one end of the square each. That was the northern dome and the southern dome. The one on the far side was the kings dome.
As they neared the huge entrance gates Pevin saw another page appearing at the other side of the square with another elf following, it only took him a moment to recognise Levan.
Pevins page stopped and waited for Levan and his page to catch up with them before the entered the gate. Pevin and Levan did not talk as the walked through the huge ornate doors and into the palace. The only exchanged confused looks. Inside the palace was pure beauty. Gigantic tapestries covered the walls. The columns supporting the roof was made to look like trees with branches spreading out across the ceiling. The tapestries mostly had images of nature and the floor was covered with green carpets, making the inside resemble the forest around the city. There were only a few guards to be seen, and no defences at all. The thought behind the construction was that if the enemy had managed to reach the palace, then the fight was lost anyway.
Once inside one page, Levans, ran ahead to announce their arrival while the other one led Pevin and Levan through the straight corridor. There were doors on both sides with uneven distance and Pevin was very curious as to what might be behind them. There were a few servants walking around doing there tasks, but the palace wasen't exactly crowded. They reached the southern dome and kept walking on towards the kings dome.
"What do you think the king wants with us?" Levan broke the silence giving Pevin a worried glance.
"I do not know Levan. But it must be important since the king sent pages to summon us from work." Pevin meant to say something reassuring, but couldn't think of anything to say.
The doors leading into the kings dome was about 50 meters away when the page suddenly turned right and walked through a doorway. They pased through what looked look like a small ballroom and out an ornate wooden lattice door and found them self in the royal garden. Small gravel roads led between decorative flowerbeds, small goldfish ponds, shrubberys cut into great figures and small trees. At a little gazebo they found the king. Levan and Pevin both bowed deeply. The king was a large man. Unlike most elves, who were lean and athletic, the king was a rather fat elf. His huge belly covered most of his lap and his gold embroided tunic looked strained.
The King motioned for them to sit. Once seated the king pulled out a scroll and looked at them and said...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 WGfan (UN: wgfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WGfan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1782513-Pevin--Levan/cid/1120441-They-are-both-summoned-to-the-kings-court-in-th