*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1791176-Tales-of-WG-The-Lost-Treasures/cid/1143286-Its-so-easy-when-youre-evil
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1791176
Nine heroines embark on a adventure. Seeking items of power with unexpected side effects.
This choice: Lavith  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

It's so easy when you're evil!

    by: claptrap
"Will you be needing anything else, my lady?"

"Nothing for now, Natasia," The demoness sais as she took a sip from the drink one of the help had just brought up for her. "Return to the dining room and make sure that everything is prepared for the arrival of our guest tonight."

The servant nodded and left the spacious bedroom that Lavith spent almost every waking hour lounging about in. Ever since she had "moved in" a few years ago, the succubus had developed a habit of spending more and more time laying in bed; oftentimes not even getting up from the same position she slept in. There was simply no need to go through the hassle of traversing through the rather spacious manner when she had "inherited" servants that could do all the walking for her. As luck would have it, the noblewoman she had replaced had been the lord of one of the most propserous provinces in the kingdom of Rime. All it took was a tax raise here and a diversion of public funds there, and Lavith could afford almost any luxary she desired to get her hands on. Aside from eventually having to work around that annoying concept of mortality; after all, the noble she had replaced was going to have to officially die in a few decades so as to avoid arrousing suspision, and Lavith would have to put up a show of leaving everything to a supposed heir, and continue to repeat that process every seventy years or so, she was going to spend eternity living like royalty.

She smiled inwardly as she took another deep drink from the red liquid resting in her glass. Yes, life was indeed good, She didn't even need to disguise herself while at home, as all of her servants had been magically charmed to accept her other-worldly appearence as being nothing out of the ordinary; thus freeing her from the effort it took to keep a long term alternate appearence up. As she downed the last of her drink and rang a bell on her nightstand to request another, she couldn't think of any reason why anyone would ever risk losing what she had right now; which made her decision to invite a competely unknown stranger to her home all the more odd. Sure, the letter she had recieved had promised even greater wealth and power, but that only ment that the writer knew the reader was already wealthy and powerful; which she was. Normally, it wouldn't be of any real concern, but why would a total stranger expect help from a noble? And what help could she possibly provide aside from financial backing; and Lavith was normally not interested in anything that might increase her exposure to others or involve a significant ammount of work on her part. This was more than likely a bad idea; and yet, deep down, her demonic nature was always thirsting for more, and the very idea that she could get more of what she had now had driven her to allow this stranger into her home and give him/her a chance to peek her interests.

"You rang, my lady?" a voice seeped into the room and echoed slightly from the threshold of the ornately crafted door that led into the master bedroom. Lavith turned her head upwards from her empty glass and glanced at the servant. It was Natasia again.

"Yes, I did. I was hoping I could get a refill- oh, and could you bring me up some sweet rolls? A dozen would be nice."

"Right away, my lady." The single-minded servant removed the empty glass from Lavith's hands and quickly left the room.

--------------------------------------------

Lavith was currently sitting in the dining hall, having previously edited her appearence to match that of the manor's fomer mistress. Causing her hair to turn blond, her eyes a light brown, and her skin to lighten to a very pale white. According to human customs, it was considered rude to eat before everyone had arrived; not that human customs had ever interested Lavith in the slightest. Currently, she was enjoying a rather large cut of beef, another glass of the red liquor she had taken a liking to, and a whole loaf of freshly baked bread. As she was about half way through, there was a slight knock on the door; barely audible enough to get the demoness' attention.

"Er, my lady," The servant said nervously. It looked to be one of the first floor orderlies that Lavith rarely interacted with, and consequently, his name escaped her. "Your...guest has arrived."

The servant was suddenly shoved out of the way and replaced with a figure trying it's best to obscure some sort of abnormal features with an oversized black robe. Despite it's best efforts, Lavith's inhuman eyes immediately picked up on the fact that the figure at the verly least was hiding a tail and a pair of small horns under all that cloth; and since it wasn't concealing the widely hated features magically it could only mean one thing:

"Ah, and what can I do for a tiefling such as yourself?"

The figure stopped moving closer towards her, and drew it's arms to pull it's hood down. Sure enough, it was indeed a tiefling; and one that stuck out like a sore thumb at that. She had all the textbook features: Red skin, the aforemented horns and tail, and a slight sharpness in the shape of her teeth that made them look slightly more bestial than human.

"Well, now that that's out of the bag, I suppose we can get straight down to buisness. My name is Solvia. Recently, i recieved some information on the locations of a few very powerful items that I happen to have an interest in. Unfortunately, multiple other parties might be after the same items, and I was hoping that you may be able to provide some help in insuring that said items are aquired by the proper party in question- namely me."

"Hmm. Interesting story. But how would a noble such as myself, who has no experience with traveling, be of help in this little adventure of your's?"

The tiefling laughed for a few seconds, before giving off a grin that displayed all those inhuman teeth in little rows of minature daggers.

"Oh, I believe your potential contribution to my expedition could be quite invaluable... Lavith."
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 claptrap (UN: claptrap2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
claptrap has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1791176-Tales-of-WG-The-Lost-Treasures/cid/1143286-Its-so-easy-when-youre-evil