*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. All As Planned
  2. Planning For Rain
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1796367-The-Shrink-Heist/cid/1668202-All-As-Planned
by Neon
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1796367
4 criminals attempt to steal their ultimate prize, a shrinking serum, until it goes awry.
This choice: Arc 2 (Aware)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

All As Planned

    by: Doom
Now you, Max McDaniel, are wondering how things could have possibly gotten so out of hand so quickly. You'd planned everything down to the smallest detail - no pun intended - and now here you were, a fraction of an inch tall if that, separated from the rest of your insertion team and cringing at the booming voice all around you.

"You can't really hide, you know," the woman's voice resounds, as you duck into cover once more, the towering overhang possibly being just that of a humble footstool. It's the voice of the doctor, Julie, and she must have planned this all from the start. She suckered you good.

"You're in my home, and I know every inch of it." She sure did, far better than the plans you'd managed to acquire. They hadn't shown any detail of the trap which had been sprung just outside the containment area, shrinking the entire team and then dropping them through a trapdoor.

"You were fools to come here. Whoever sent you, they're just using you, and not for a good reason." Where is that thunder coming from? Are there speakers somewhere in the room, amplifying her voice to tremendous levels, or is that just how loud a regualr person's voice is to someone of your stature?

"I wanted to use my invention to help people. Think of it: a serum with the ability to shrink people and organic tissue! It offers so many possibilities in the medicinal world. Tumours would no longer be an issue, simply being shrunk by the direct injection of the chemical!" Nice to think that she's equating you with a tumour. Typical cold, emotionless scientist type. Bitch. When you get out of this, you're gonna make her pay.

"Your employers? They'll want it as a weapon, a tool to make the difficult members of society just 'disappear'. I think that your own disappearance will serve as a nice warning to them." Oh God, that was a threat. But no, it's fine; she'll never find you here!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Neon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1796367-The-Shrink-Heist/cid/1668202-All-As-Planned