*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1865817-Zombie-Apocalypse/cid/2408322-At-the-beginning
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Interactive · Other · #1865817
How will you survive the apocalypse?
This choice: Caught out  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

At the beginning

    by: Jealco
Your day had started like any other Saturday, with a hot shower and a hearty breakfast. A little while later, a friend of yours had texted you and asked if you wanted to go to lunch at a cafe about a block up the street. After agreeing, you'd pulled your long, red hair back into a ponytail, glanced at the nice weather outside, and gotten dressed. Nothing fancy, just some jeans that made your ass pop and a tight tank top that emphasized your generous bust. After stepping into a pair of flip-flops, you headed out the door of your apartment.

As the cafe was only a block away, you'd decided to walk and enjoy the weather. On your way, you passed by the run-down warehouses that made your rent here so cheap. The odd vehicle would come and go from them late at night, and it seemed every other night the cops were down there making a drug bust or investigating yet another murder. A few times, there had been shootouts down there, and with the obvious criminal activity so close to your apartment, you'd gone and bought a small handgun for self-defense, and a shotgun for your apartment.

Lunch had been pleasant, you and Alyssa swapping jokes and banter and generally enjoying yourselves. After lunch, the two of you had parted ways, with Alyssa heading off to work, and you headed back to your apartment. You'd barely made it a hundred feet from the cafe, though, when all hell broke loose in front of you.

The first indication of trouble had been the dull chatter of automatic gunfire from the warehouses. You'd stopped, cursing your luck, as what seemed to be another gang war broke out between you and home. A few moments later, as a swarm of black SUV's screeched to a halt around the warehouses and disgorged dozens of men in black fatigues with rifles and body armor, you realized it wasn't just a gang war. You watched as the soldiers poured into the warehouse district, listened to the ongoing chatter of gunfire and the *CRUMP* of grenades, and cringed. As the gunfire died off, you watched as a handful of soldiers came sprinting back out of the warehouse district, pausing only to fire frantic bursts back into it. Behind them, what appeared to be people came shambling out of the warehouses, strange keening groans carrying over the sporadic gunfire still peppering them. Behind them, something larger loomed, completely ignorant of the bullets whizzing around. With a sudden roar, it jumped the fence and the cordon of SUV's, landing amidst several of the soldiers, proceeding to tear into them as they continued to pepper it with bullets.

Other spectators nearer to the carnage, busy videoing the ongoing drama, were the first to fall to the zombies pouring out of the facility. The mob of spectators suddenly shifted backwards, screams of pain and terror rising over even the groans of the undead, as the mob started to panic, people stumbling and shoving each other as they tried to get away from the horde. It looked like the beginning of those bad zombie horror films your ex had made you watch.

As the screams came closer, and people sprinted past you, you watched someone fall, and a pair of the zombies fall on top of her. Her screams of terror turned to pain as blood sprayed from her neck, and that's when you finally realized they really WERE zombies. You swore, pulling your little pistol from your purse, realizing that three six-round magazines weren't going to dent this horde, but taking some small comfort in it's presence as you ran through your extremely limited options.

Your apartment held all of your spare rounds for your handgun, your shotgun, and some spare shells, plus about a week's worth of canned food and water, but it was on the other side of the swelling horde. You knew you couldn't fight your way through the horde, though you might be able to skirt around it and sneak back into your apartment. Alternately, you could seek shelter and supplies somewhere else. There were a few military surplus stores that sold guns and old military gear away from the horde. You could also just duck back into the cafe and try to wait out the worst of it.

One way or another, you needed to make a decision, and now, before the horde actually reached you.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Jealco (UN: jealco at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
anime19fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1865817-Zombie-Apocalypse/cid/2408322-At-the-beginning