*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Battle City
  2. Yu-Gi-Oh
  3. What timeline
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1866261-Yu-Gi-Oh-battles-of-your-time/cid/1856601-Battle-City
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Tomj26
Rated: E · Interactive · Fantasy · #1866261
In your time you are 1 of the best duelests.
This choice: Battle City  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Battle City

    by: Pseudonym
"Welcome to battle city" says the announcer as your plane touches down at the airport. All the duelists are travelling first class on the special KaibaCorp jets, so you aren't sitting next to one of your competitors. Of course, this gives you plenty of time to run through your deck a few more times and work out some last-minute strategies.

"As you disembark the aircraft, please show your identification" continues the announcer "And you will be issued with a free official KaibaCorp Duel Disk. Don't forget about the rules of the tournament, including the ante rule and the locator cards system."

"Alright" you say, stretching and getting up out of your seat "I'm ready to duel!"
"Please remain seated until the seatbelt sign has been switched off" added the announcer.
You groan and sit back down.

At last when you get out of the aircraft and step on to the tarmac, you feel a cool breeze hit your face. Then suddenly, you hear a shout: "Hey look, it's Seto Kaiba!"

You don't even know who said it, but immediately you look around and see him wearing his distinctive white coat. There, flanked by his brother Mokuba, was Seto Kaiba embarking on to a helicopter.

"Wow" you say under your breath "Seto Kaiba! Now he'd be a good challenge for my deck."
"Hey, no kidding" said the duelist behind you "Seto's practically unbeatable. Only the likes of Pegasus or Yugi can stand up to him."
"I think I've got a shot" you reply with a smile "It's worth giving it my all! I am the Australian national champion."
"Some attitude you've got there" he said with a sly smirk in response "You remind me a bit of Rebecca Hawkings."

Rebecca. Dammit, you weren't supposed to be thinking of your ex-girlfriend right now. You had to push her out of your mind.

"Hey, I'm a much better duelist than her!" you say a little louder than you should.
"Why don't you prove it?" asked the other duelist "In a few moments we'll all get our duel disks. Then you can put your cards where your mouth is."
"Game on!" you say passionately, turning to your opponent.

The man was about twice your height and had bulky, bulging muscles. He had thick, spiky brown hair and wore a heavy yellow vest and helmet that made him look like a construction worker. "Some outfit you have there" you reply somewhat sarcastically, while a KaibaCorp official strapped a Duel Disk to your arm.
"Some outfit you have" replies the man as another official strapped a Duel Disk to his "How old are you, seven?"
"I'm fourteen!" you sneer.
"Then you're still just a little baby" laughs the man "I am Conner Structer, here to engineer your defeat!"
"Let's duel this!" you cry out. It was something of a catchphrase you had.

Conner jumps up on to the aircraft wing, and you follow suit, standing a good distance away from him. A small crowd of observers, most from your flight, gather around to watch the action as both of you insert your decks into the Duel Disks at the exact same time.

"Your name's Alex, isn't it?" asks Conner "They say you're a national champion."
"That's an understatement" you reply "I'm one of the strongest duelists of my time!"
"Well then let's put that to the test" smirks Conner "And I hope you don't mind if I start the action off?"
"Go ahead" you say as you both draw five cards.

The crowd beneath is already starting to chant your names. For your first duel, this is actually pretty exciting. Conner looks happy with his draw, and quite frankly, you are happy with yours, too. Both of your life points stand at 8000. The duel has begun.

"Right then, here we go!" calls Conner, drawing a card to begin his turn.
"Bring it!" you reply.
"I'll begin with this - the magic card - Heart of the Underdog! With this card, whenever I draw a normal monster at the beginning of my turn, I can draw again!"

"Nice card" you reply "Is that it?"
"You like that card, do you?" asks Conner "Then you'll love this! Because it just so happens that I've drawn a second copy of that card as well! Now whenever I draw a normal monster to begin my turn, I can draw not just one, but two more cards! And thanks to the magic of my Heart of the Underdog, I can keep drawing until the card I draw is not a normal monster!"
"Uh - nice" you answer "I know the card's effect. I've only studied it like, a million times already."
"Then you must know how devastating it can be" smiles Conner "And I've drawn both of the copies in my deck in my opening hand! With this kind of luck on my side, you might as well give up now. You wouldn't want to disappoint this crowd the way you disappointed Rebekah, right?"

How did this guy know so much about your personal life? It's pretty creepy.

"So what kind of engineer are you, anyway?" you ask, thinking of a comeback quickly "Do you just sit around and engineer intimidation like a bully? Or do you really want to see me defeated?"
"I will see you whimpering at my feet!"
"In that case, mate, here's a protip - you don't want me to give up. I'm going to keep fighting this thing! Just watch."

Conner looked annoyed, but not too much. "It's your funeral" he scoffs "You're going down! My deck's full of monsters that combine and build their strengths together!"
"Oh, you mean like a combo!"
"Like THIS! I activate another magic card - Polymerization! With this card I can fuse two monsters in my field or hand together to form an even stronger monster! So I'll use Polymerization to fuse together Blast Juggler and Two-Headed King Rex to construct the ultimate marvel of modern engineering - Cyber Saurus! Come forth, Cyber Saurus, in attack mode."

"Wow" you reply "These holograms are pretty cool!"
"Just watch until they break down your life point by point! Cyber Saurus has 1800 attack points!"
"That's nice. Is it my turn yet?"
"Not quite. I'll set this one card face down in my magic and trap card zone, and then end my turn. Watch out little boy. I think you're in way over your head."

"We'll see about that!" you say as you draw your card.

Which deck were you using?

You have the following choices:

1. Deck 1

2. Deck 2

*Noteb*
3. Another Deck

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Pseudonym (UN: 7stranger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tomj26 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1866261-Yu-Gi-Oh-battles-of-your-time/cid/1856601-Battle-City