*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Answers
  2. Brother
  3. Close Encounters of Another Kind
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1475204-Answers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1905030
A world full of giant humans and advanced technology has been discovered. Another GT story
This choice: Spend the night with the Oracle  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Answers

    by: The Black Mamba
You decided to do their bidding and settle with them. Since you were a "special guest", you were sent to the Oracle's house for an "orientation". The houses were enormous and postmodern themselves, but hers was the largest and the most advanced. Toys and gadgets that couldn't be imagined even in sci-fi films were everywhere inside the village.

The Oracle stood by the doorway of her colossal home. The door opened automatically with a pleasing voice of "Welcome, Oracle." Inside her home was a huge array of futurism. If you could test everything inside you would.

The giantess pushed a few buttons on a nearby machine and out popped a human-sized couch. "Just for you," she says with a smile. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for your arrival. Sit down, and ask whatever you want."

You obliged. The first that came to mind was, "Who are you?"

"I am known as the Oracle by my community, as you may have remembered moments ago. It is a crime to know my real name, much less say it out loud. I provide visions for local villages, mostly by meditation. When you have found me I was meditating, focusing on the exact moment when you would come."

"How do you know these things?" you ask her.

She answered the question with a story. "Thousands of years ago, back on the Old World, the planet you call Earth, the Greeks ruled most of Europe. They also had taken control of an island called Atlantis, rumored to have the most advanced technology the world has ever known at the time. The settlers on it were our ancestors."

"Is that why you're called the Atlanteans?"

"Yes, of course. When the Greek Empire fell, our people were forgotten. We would improve our technology in peace. However, earthquakes threatened us, and we were forced to go to space only days before the island sunk. The trip was harsh, and only a man and two women made a successful trip to a planet much larger and sustains life better than Earth. They called it Hypergaia, Greek for Super-Earth. There the surviving Atlanteans thrived. They took an unusual evolutionary path. Over generations we grew in stature, hence you see how large we are today.

"Back when the Greeks took control of Europe, there were women known as Oracles, who had the gift of prophecy as given by the god Apollo. Pythia is an example. They gave out prophecies every so often, and meditated for inspiration. These women still exist today. You are looking at one right now."

"What does all this have to do with me?" you ask her.

Just as she was about to explain, you hear an automated voice blare, "Incoming foreign transmission!" followed by voice covered with static, saying, "Mayday! Mayday! This is Lieutenant Dixon to Blazer. Private Young is M.I.A. Repeat, Private Young is M.I.A., carried away captive by a giant woman. Heading back towards ship with further intel."

Silence. Then the Oracle spoke. "I believe this 'Lieutenant Dixon' is one of your kind?"

"Yes, he was one of the men in the car," you explain. You were beginning the trust the woman, even if she was as tall as a skyscraper.

"We must move quickly. They cannot see us. Come with me," the Oracle says as she grabs you and moves to a new room. Inside was a massive gray circle. The Oracle pushed a few buttons and the circle began to glow blue. The two of you moved through the circle and instantaneously appeared somewhere else. You felt nauseated.

"Teleportation device?" you ask the Oracle.

"Pretty much."

Where are you now?

You have the following choices:

1. In a city suitable for millions of giants

*Noteb*
2. In the middle of a spacious plain

*Noteb*
3. Inside a dark and dreary cave

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 The Black Mamba (UN: brainiac222 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Black Mamba has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1905030-Hypergaia/cid/1475204-Answers