*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1909690-X-Men-in-The-Matrix/cid/1499012-Discovering-your-mutant-abilities
by Ryan
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1909690
What would happen if the X Men were in the Matrix?
This choice: Discovering your mutant abilities  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Discovering your mutant abilities

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
Your name is Sarah Wot, pronounced as 'watt'. Since you had turned ten, you dealt with strange nightmares of the world coming to an end with machines of various shapes and sizes attacking cities and people. There were nights when you woke up screaming as the dream was still with you, staring into the dead, red eyes of a machine. You were nearing your twelfth birthday and the nightmares were as strong as ever. "I wish I knew what they all meant." shivering, you said, eating breakfast. "They are only getting worse."

"Not worse, closer." came an unfamiliar voice.

You gasped and turned to find a tall, balding man in a black business suit and sunglasses. "Who- Who are you!?"

"My name is not important." quickly, the man said. "What is important is that we deal with these visions you have been experiencing before it causes a chain reaction."

"I- I don't understand." slowly rising from your seat, you said. "A chain reaction?"

"Your power could cause everyone to wake up." in a threatening tone, the man said. "That will not help anyone!"

"What power!?" thinking this man was insane, I asked. "Get away from me!"

Suddenly, the man pulled out a sidearm. "Time to die, Sarah." smiling, he said.

Instinctively, you ran, hoping to get away as quickly as possible. Of course, you knew you could never outrun a bullet but it made no sense not to try. You ran towards the door, hoping to reach it in time only to see the door jump at you. Normally, you would have paused to scream but this was not an ordinary moment. You gratefully ran through the doorway, not knowing that the room had changed to suit your need before changing back to normal the instant you were out of the room. You ran down the hall to the front door, thinking, "I have to get outside, lose him in the crowded streets, somehow!"

In an instant, you saw the door to the outside moved down the hall so it was right in front of you. Only this time, you paused and realized that you did indeed have some kind of power. "I wish someone would explain this to me." tearing up, you said. "What's going on!?!"

A bullet striking the wall near your head, returned you to your senses and you ran through the door in front of you just before it moved back to its rightful place. You looked at the door as it moved and wondered who in this world could help you when another unfamiliar voice said, "Come with us if you want to live."

You turned, startled to find...

You have the following choices:

1. a bald man in a wheelchair.

*Noteb*
2. A tall, dark man in all black.

*Noteb*
3. someone else.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ryan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1909690-X-Men-in-The-Matrix/cid/1499012-Discovering-your-mutant-abilities