*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1958273-MLP-Friendship-is-Magic-Girlfriend/cid/1850637-New-Choice-Of-Powers
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Animal · #1958273
You are born or get transported to Equestria and fall in love with a female character.
This choice: Other powers.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

New Choice Of Powers

    by: Vocal
Alright, so you're not going for the choices in the previous chapter, hmm? That's fine, everyone has their own preferences. Anyway, back to business.

Seeing as how there are a whole lot of different choices in powers to choose from, here are a few of my personal favorites. Starting off this list is the Power of Smoke Manipulation! Yes yes, I know that inFAMOUS: Second Son already took that idea and made it uniquely interesting, but for those who don't know what exactly this type of power can do other the name implies, then allow me to explain.

Smoke Manipulation (aka ) is, basically, the power to use and manipulate smoke and ember at the palm of your hands. Delsin Rowe, the main protagonist of the PS4 game inFAMOUS: Second Son, is a great example on the use of this form of superpower. After all, you get the powers of Smoke Manipulation very early on in the game.

*ahem* Sorry, getting back on topic, ladies & gents. With the powers of Smoke Manipulation, you can shoot out burning embers of smoke from your hands, or even transform into smoke and quickly travel around any city through the use of air ducts. And don't worry, you can reassemble yourself back into your original solid form when you exit an air duct. However, with this unique power, you don't just shoot smoke from your hands and turn into smoke, you can also throw smoke grenades, which, shortly after exploding, can cover any affected enemies nearest to the smoke grenade and stun them for either to an open attack or to incapacitate them.

Although Delsin uses an industrial chain around his arm as a whip, imbuing it with burning ash for additional melee damage, you can choose whatever melee weapon you want. And speaking of turning into smoke, that ability is called Smoke Dash, due to giving the user of this power heightened motion and produce horizontal propulsion for a short while via another ability called Smoke Thrusters, which allows the user of this power to glide over a great distance by shooting smoke and fire out of the user's hands.

As for how the Smoke Dash ability can be useful in a combat situation, you can use Smoke Dash to dodge incoming attacks and/or dash through an enemy, rematerialize behind them, and deliver a choke-slam them to the ground in the process. However, like the game itself, if you use up too much of your smoke abilities, you'll eventually run out of smoke and ash to use, so you will have to recharge your abilities via absorbing smoke from specific places near you, like smokestacks, chimneys, anywhere where smoke can be coming out of.

And for those who want to unleash a powerful blast to wipe out a bunch of enemies in one fell swoop, you can use a powerful ability known only as the Orbital Drop. Unlike the other smoke abilities in your arsenal like Cinder Blast and Cinder Missile, Orbital Drop needs time to build up it's destructive force, but when it's ready and you use it, you dematerialize into 3 flaming balls of smoke, as you are violently launched upwards around a hundred feet or so. Upon reaching that height, you rematerialize and rapidly fall down toward the ground like a meteor, exploding into smoke and embers upon impact with the surface in a violent fashion, turning yourself into a smoke and ember-induced bomb. So yeah, you can cause a lot of destruction with this ability. Unfortunately, you can't use Orbital Drop inside a building unless it has a ceiling that exceeds a hundred feet, so a friendly word of advice: don't use Orbital Drop inside a building.

And now, for the second power to choose from this chapter, Ice Manipulation, also known as Cryokinesis! As for those who aren't familiar with this superpower, Cryokinesis is simply the ability to manipulate ice and anything that's physically cold. Like Typhokinesis is a variation of Pyrokinesis (aka Fire Manipulation), Cryokinesis is a variation of Water Manipulation aka Hydrokinesis.

In using this power, you can create, shape, and manipulate ice, make water into a frozen, more solidified state, appearing naturally in the various forms of snow, hail, icicles, ice spikes & candles, glaciers, pack ice, frost, polar ice caps, and cold by reducing the kinetic energy of atoms and thus making things colder, for various effects and combinations. In English, it basically means that you can freeze almost anything solid, it just depends on your creativity and how you use it is all.

As for which characters can use Cryokinesis, let's just say that there's a WHOLE LOT of Cryokinetic users, ranging from video game characters to comic book characters. For example, the female villain Icy from the Winx Club, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, Elsa from the Disney movie Frozen, Iceman & Storm from Marvel Comics' X-Men, Danny Phantom from the Nick cartoon Danny Phantom, the Waterbenders & the Avatar from Avatar: the Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra, Princess Snow Kaguya from the anime Sailor Moon S, Killer Frost from DC Comics, and last but not least, the Batman villain known only as MR. FREEZE. So....yeah, that's a lot of characters, and (pun intended) that is just the tip of the iceberg!

As for what you can do with Cryokinesis, you can freeze the air around you, create, generate, and/or increase the volume of ice, create Cryokinetic Constructs, including weapons, barriers, armor, and/or allies/servants, move/lift ice at nearly any speed whether in/on surface, air, or water. You can even do this in the lethal vacuum of space if you found a way to survive in that type of environment. As for superpower travel, you can either go with creating a surfboard made of ice and do what I would call "Cryokinetic Surfing", or doing Elemental Flight using ice to slide around.

However, like Typhokinesis, Cryokinesis has it's own share of limitations and weaknesses. The easiest to answer being intolerant to extreme heat, not to mention being weak to someone or something able to use any form of Pyrokinesis. Along with weakness to extreme amounts of heat, creating ice will be much more difficult or completely impossible within a very dry area, so basically no water or moisture, no ice. Also, if you can freeze vibrations, that's just as hard as creating ice in a dry environment, as the vibrations can cause anything frozen to shatter, making sound-based abilities like Audiokinesis & Echokinesis users like Musa from the Winx Club and Black Canary from DC Comics capable of defending and countering against Cryokinetic users.

Well, there you have it, Typhokinesis and Cryokinesis, ladies and gentlemen! So, do you want to be able to shoot smoke and embers from your hands with Typhokinesis? Or do you want to be capable of making almost anything covered in ice at the snap of your fingers with the chilling power of Cryokinesis?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Vocal (UN: vocalrvbplayer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Leon_Midnight has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1958273-MLP-Friendship-is-Magic-Girlfriend/cid/1850637-New-Choice-Of-Powers