*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1981406-Harry-Potter-TG/cid/1949822-Harry-feels-a-dizzying-sense-of-dislocation-an
by napo08
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1981406
Harry joins feminine side.
This choice: Harry feels a dizzying sense of dislocation, and stumbles backwards.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Harry feels a dizzying sense of dislocation, an...

    by: Mr. George
Harry woke... or thought he had... looking around he only saw a forest. It was dark all around.

Lumos.

The light cast a glow around the tip of his wand. The effect was the opposite of what he wanted to achieve. It made the shadows deeper, the darkness blacker.

"It's only a dream.... It's only a dream...." he kept muttering under his breath. His recollection was fuzzy, but the last thing he could think of was being in the castle. Whatever he was thinking.... wherever his mind was, physically he was in the castle. Harry tried to picture himself slumped on the floor... tried to imagine himself getting to his feet... tried to imagine waking up.

A noise startled him, and he whirled around. The shadows danced and flickered.

"Harrrry ... Pottter..." the voice hissed. It sent a shiver down his spine. Voldemort.

"Show yourself... show yourself you coward." he snarled, spat into the engulfing darkness.

His defiance fell into the abyss, and was swallowed.

"Harrry...." the voice was at his ear, just over his shoulder.

He whirled around, almost loosing his footing in the undergrowth.

There was nobody there.

"Harrrry...." he felt the warmth of his breath tickling his ear.

He turned more slowly this time, but again Voldemort wasn't there.

"You're alone, Harry.... All alone..."

Harry's lip curled up in contempt.

"I'm not alone." the voice continued with amusement.

Something made him look upwards... It was a chilling sight, there were dementors circling above... He felt his soul grow colder, grow harder. He felt the fear of losing his Godfather afresh... he remembered losing Sirius in the ministry. Despair grew, hopelessness threatened to overpower him.

The light flickered at the tip of his wand as his grip loosened.

"Surrender... Just surrender... and let the pain end... let it all end."

The words, the sentiment were still from the Dark Lord, but Harry felt more swayed by them.

He thought of Ron and Hermione... Perhaps without him they wouldn't be targeted. He felt hope swell, as he realised that even if they weren't beside him physically, his friends hadn't abandoned him.

Expecto Patronum!

There was a flurry of white sparks, but it faded into the dark. Harry refused to surrender.

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

This time, the light shot from the tip, and the stag formed proudly it pranced around Harry. His very presence illuminating the enclosed glade more than his previous spell.

He chanced another glance upwards, the dementors were still circling, but not descending.

There was a serpentine laughter, and Harry felt his head being wrenched. A shriek was ripped from his throat. Ahead of him, a cloaked figure was fighting his patronus. There was a flash of pale skin. The hands gripped the antlers, and Harry felt the pain rip across his temple. Not merely focused on his scar.

In a shower of sparks, the antlers detached. His knees gave out, and he fell to the mossy ground.

"Oh, dear... oh deer-y deer-y me."

The forest faded, and the voice faded, as Harry felt the cold smooth stone of the castle floor reassert itself.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Mr. George (UN: rjh-kk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
napo08 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1981406-Harry-Potter-TG/cid/1949822-Harry-feels-a-dizzying-sense-of-dislocation-an