*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Freedom Road
  2. On the Move
  3. Uninvited
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1890973-Freedom-Road
by Doom
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2013234
An amazing, colossal interactive. Trouble grows when a size-changing device is stolen.
This choice: You go for a relaxing victory drive.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Freedom Road

    by: Amazing Colossal Archive
author: -yellowfeather-

Skittering across the lot with skipping strides, you throw open your car door and fall comfortably onto the seat. You take a moment to remove the device from your pack, studying it a bit more closely. Keeping it just above your lap, you twirl it around and look at every curve and face, every light and the amazing crystal-like pattern gleaming down the barrel core. You still can't even begin to pen its workings to the paper of your mind, but it all seems unnecessary to be in awe of it.

A car horn blares behind you, the shock making your hands jump, fumbling the transposer in the air. You swiftly place it on top of your flattened pack in the seat next to you and slam your keys into the ignition. You steer yourself back from the horrible parking job you rested in, stretching over two white lines. Everything seems to be blurry as you move around the slowly filling lot, returning to the open road. A great beating bats inside your chest. Your head spins as if driving on a corkscrew.

It all becomes clearer soon enough, and you revel in the success of freedom. You roll down the window and let the air rush around you as you drive faster and faster, accelerating to match your exhilarated heart only as your heart accelerates to your speed. You take your ecstasy to the long roads just outside of town, throwing a triumphant fist into the current outside. This was your freedom road, the way to any destination you could ever choose, but excitement has left you undecided and you carry onward.

The road circles back to town, and you begin passing fewer wide fields and tall trees and more long driveways and small houses. The asphalt undulates on swollen hills, and you rise and dip over them carelessly. You pass a final pair of houses before approaching a blind intersection amidst a sharp wedge of trees, a light mounted above it a tiny reminder of caution that goes ignored. A strange sense spurs inside you, persuading you to check the light even though there's no way to stop in time.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Amazing Colossal Archive (UN: amazingarchive at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2013234-The-Evergrowing-Fantasy/cid/1890973-Freedom-Road