*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2033970-Gorgon-Expansion/cid/2082071-Dirty-Little-Liar
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2033970
This site needs more Gorgon stories. Originally made by The 12th Doctor (Non-Canon).
This choice: Dirty Little Liar  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Dirty Little Liar

    by: Unknown
"Oh.. oh.. oh..." Cassidy Bell was stumbling out of bed. The cascabel gorgon had just gotten through being ravaged by a hunk of a vampire. The problem was, that vampire was not her husband. Cassidy was married to Foggy Bell, a cockatrice businessman who was at the moment out of town. Cassidy had been having an affair under the cockatrice's beak for some time. Cassidy stood up and let out a sigh. "Okay," she said. "Get out." "Huh?" asked the vampire man still in a daze. Cassidy let out a sigh. "You heard me. Get out. I gotta get to work. But don't worry, Foggy won't be back until next week. Same time again tomorrow. Do what you gotta do in the bathroom and then split." With that, Cassidy was off and the vampire was struggling to put his clothes on.

Cassidy took the taxi to work. She was a reporter for the Daily Oboe and was meeting with her boss first thing. As she made her way to the editor's office, she was thinking to herself. "I really hope that Asner doesn't put me on something boring again. That story about the eight-legged horse race took a lot of thought." Cassidy walked into the office of Mr. Asner and the wolf man gave her her next assignment. "I still can't believe that Red Fountain was on steroids. It's a good thing I didn't bet on him." Cassidy gave a scoff. "Well, Chief. How else would you expect a horse that old to have 10 straight wins in a row. I heard he and his jockey have been banned from the races."

Cassidy's story was a load of horse manure. She was simply sent to cover the horse races and report who won but she used photo manipulation in order to forge a story that one of the horses was under the effect of a performance enhancing drug. What Mr. Asner didn't know was that the last 20 or so stories Cassidy gave him for the paper were nothing short of fiction. Not only was Cassidy cheating in marriage but she was cheating on the job. Asner unaware of the defeat lit a cigar before speaking to Cassidy. "Well. Here's your assignment for today. You are to inspect the new restaurant that opened downtown. It's called Burger Ghoul." Cassidy let out a scoff. "What am I? A food critic?" "Simian called in sick. I'm going to need you to fill in for him." Cassidy let out a sigh and nodded her head. "Great," she thought to herself. "I think I know exactly how to go about this one.”

Cassidy arrived at Burger Ghoul and inspected the restaurant from top to bottom. “Damn,” she thought. “Everything appears to be in order. How dreadfully boring.” Cassidy then spotted the manager sweeping the floor. He was a bright black-skinned cyclops with sharp teeth and a bald head. “Hmm,” said Cassidy. “He looks intimidating. I could easily write him as an organ thief. Oh, that sounds perfect.” Cassidy bit into a burger and smirked. “Tastes safe enough. I’ll have to think of something nasty for them to hypothetically put into the burger recipe. I could write the lettuce off as poison ivy.” Cassidy was writing down notes as she left the restaurant. “Ugh,” she said. “I can’t stand burgers. Luckily my favorite inn is nearby. I can put the finishing touches on the story there. Maybe I’ll even get the place shut down. Wouldn’t that be exciting?”

However, karma was about to deal Cassidy a very hard blow. In the front of the inn there was a group of four muscular monster men racking up a number of plates at a table. First there was a bright red-skinned Japanese oni with scars on his face and bright blue hair. He was eating so fast that he was biting right through the plates. Next to him was a onryo with long black hair, purplish skin and a green snow hat. In contrast to his friend, he was sucking up soup rather slowly. Next to the onryo was a yeti with long pink fur that had green, blue and white highlights and long eyelashes. He was the only one of the four who was eating with silverware. Lastly there was a muscular bright black furred werebat with short pinkish hair hair, large fangs and scars all over his body. From the looks of it, his lips had been completely torn off. The bat man was eating just as ferociously as his ogre friend right before pounding on the table.

“Hey waiter! What’s taking so long to get the grub going?!” The yeti let out a scoff. “You are so uncouth, Kenji. Show some class.” “At least I know how to enjoy good food, Mitsuo,” said the bat man to the yeti. “You’re only eating spotted salmon.” “If you must know,” said Mitsuo. “This spotted salmon whitens the skin.” “And other than that,” said the oni. “It has no nutritional value or taste. You might as well be eating styrofoam.” “Who asked you, Ryotaro?!” The onryo just let out a laugh at his friends right as Kenji picked up a large sausage and squirted ketchup all over it before topping it off with bread. But before the bat could take a bite, his ears twitched because he overheard Cassidy speaking on the phone. “Everything is fine, Foggy,” said the gorgon to her husband on the phone. “I just stopped at a cafe for some coffee. I just got a big story that is going to make my career.” Cassidy hung up and Kenji twitched his ears as he overheard what she was saying. "Burger Ghoul looked clean enough, but that won't get me a front page. Hmmm. Cannibal buffet. New Burger Joint Makes Monster Whoppers."

For some reason, Kenji could tell that Cassidy was lying and it really made him mad, so mad in fact that he bit right through his glass. “Whoa,” said the Onryo. “Easy there, Kenji.” “That gorgon woman is a no-good cocky, lying, adulterous slanderer!” Ryotaro let out a belch before speaking. “Uh-oh,” he said. “Kenji heard a liar.” “What the hell do you care?” asked Mitsuo. “It has nothing to do with you.” “She’s lying about things that you don’t joke about and she’s lying to her husband. That triggers me. There’s nothing worse than a liar. It’s the most arrogant thing you can do. You know that. Judging from that woman’s heartbeat, she probably hasn’t told the truth in months.” The onryo looked forward and stared into Cassidy and gasped. “Kenji’s not kidding,” he said. “That woman is a reporter and from what I see in her mind, everything she writes has a tendency towards slander. Oh my! She’s having an affair.”

Mitsuo let out a gasp. “Are you serious, Takahiro?! That’s horrible.” Kenji was now so mad that he broke his glass in his hand. “I think it’s time we make her pay for her actions. Come on fellas.” The foursome shoveled in what was left of their food and Mitsuo, Kenji and Takahiro left. Ryotaro was about to leave when the gargoyle waitress stopped him and presented him the bill. The oni grumbled and handed the gargoyle girl his entire wallet before following his friends.


The oni, onryo, werebat and yeti got together over a frying pan on a fire and drew magic circles on the ground. First, Takahiro poured a potion of some sort onto the frying pan. “Ingredients please.” Mitsuo tossed in a bottle of beer. “Some beer,” he said. “For the beer belly.” Ryotaro then took out several balloons and threw them into the frying pan as well. Kenji gave a devilish smirk and then tossed in a Pinocchio doll. “Alright, guys,” said Takahiro. “It’s time to cast the spell.” The four put their hands together to cast a spell. “Magic pan and sacred potion, put our mighty curse in motion. Smoke and fire on a roll, cast a spell from the ancient scroll. Gorgon, gorgon, liar, liar. Under you we’ll light the fire. For every each deceit and every lie, your belly swells to reach the sky. And when we speak in fast reverse, your nasty curse will just get worse. Sky the reach to swells belly your, lie every and deceit each every for. fire the light we’ll you under. Liar, liar, gorgon, gorgon.”

With that a magic light emitted from the cauldron and the curse was going to work. But when does the curse first take effect?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Immediately

*Noteb*
2. During Her Next Work Assignment

*Noteb*
3. During Her Date Later in the Evening

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
J. M. Darkly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2033970-Gorgon-Expansion/cid/2082071-Dirty-Little-Liar