*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A tragic prayer
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2040005-A-new-life-Revive/cid/1971245-A-tragic-prayer
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #2040005
A teen boy who prayed has been murdered, but reincarnated into a dragon.
Chapter #1

A tragic prayer

    by: DBZFan13
Nick was kneeling by his bed as he finished saying his prayers. Nick's deep baritone voice whispered as he prayed, "...and that you will please keep my Granny safe, alive, happy, and healthy..."

Despite the fact that Nick was seventeen and would turn eighteen in a few months, he still prayed every night and had never lost his faith in Christ. Nick had more or less succeed in controlling his more human impulses, and had done his best to spread the word of god but with him being an outcast at school he had not done many.

As Nick prayed he did not hear the sound of someone climbing up the side of the house on the ivy his mother had been letting grow there for ages, the man looked in and saw Nick praying and smiled as he quietly picked the lock on the window.

Nick was reaching the final part of his prayer and quietly prayed, "Lord if to be your will, when I die I ask that you will please reincarnate me as a dragon. For you know I have always loved them almost as much as I love you and ask that before I join you in heaven that I may spend a lifetime as a dragon here on Earth, so before I say goodnight my lord I will listen for your voice. So if you have anything to say to me I ask that you say it now for I am listening.

Nick suddenly felt a knife blade pressed up against his throat and smelled a man who smelled of beer and sweat behind him.

"If you have anything else to add to your prayers boy you would best say them now," the man said chuckling softly.

Nick remained silent, and the man sliced open Nick's throat, and as Nick died he breathed the words, "Amen."

The man chuckled and turned to look for something worth stealing in the kids room. Unfortunately, Nick had never been very tidy, and the man stepped on an old toy that rolled and and stumbled backwards. The man stepped on one of the clay models of a Dragon Nick had made in art class, this one had a long sharp spin the pierced the man's shoe and made him hop on one foot cursing. The man then stepped on Nick's old Hotwheels that he had never gotten around, but gave away and slipped completely off his feet cracking his head on the open window.

Now completely limp the man sagged out the window falling twenty feet and cracked his head open on the ground below. Nick's father came in to see what all the noise was and saw his son dead, and bleeding onto the bed his hands still folded in prayer. Nick's father was at a loss for words and only hoped Nick was in a better place now.

Little did he know that god had granted Nick's final prayer as a reward for his lifetime of devotion, even if it were short.

You have the following choices:

1. The next day

*Noteb*
2. After the death

*Noteb*
3. A decade later (50 years)

*Noteb*
4. One century later (100 years)

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DBZFan13 (UN: bigpokemonfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DBZFan13 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2040005-A-new-life-Revive/cid/1971245-A-tragic-prayer