*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2058653-Acquiring-Powers-4/cid/2786986-Phoebe-the-Swapper
Rated: GC · Interactive · Adult · #2058653
The fourth swapping saga with the intrepid Wilko employees.
This choice: No, I want something else.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Phoebe the Swapper.

    by: Adeptus Astartes
Phoebe trudged into work one Wednesday morning looking more than a little befuddled. After being greeted by her immediate supervisor, Liz, and a couple of other co-workers, including Kiran, she made her way upstairs to the locker room to put her coat and bag away. All the time her mind was racing with what had happened to her on the bus ride into town. A strange conversation with an old man from Romania, at the end of which he touched her on the arm and disappeared into thin air, or more precisely... in a flash of light. From that point on, Phoebe knew she had been gifted with the ability to swap people's heads around. It was a peculiar power indeed, not to mention one that was difficult to believe was real. But after unintentionally swapping the heads of a 30-something dad and his 10-year old son on the bus, Phoebe couldn't really deny that her power was real. And even more amazing, neither the dad or the son noticed anything wrong with themselves.

Phoebe had a fled the bus early, deciding to walk the rest of the way to work, and as a result she had left the father and son pair in their swapped state. "At least that boy's dad will mature again, no big deal right." Phoebe muttered to herself, as she put the padlock on her locker. "Just calm down Phoebs, you're okay with this. People get granted magic swapping powers all the time. No problems here." She then sighed, trying to make light of the whole thing. "I should have had a cigarette before coming into work." She added, shaking her head. She didn't smoke all the time, only when she was stressed or confused.

Walking out of the locker room, Phoebe happened to see Rob making his way downstairs, and she smiled and waved at him in passing. Okay sure, she had a crush on Rob, and she didn't exactly try to hide it at times. If only he'd return her attention from time to time. That was all she asked. Phoebe knew she had always lacked courage in the relationship department, which was why she had only ever had one boyfriend, Dan, whom she had recently broken it off with. As evidenced by her pink and purple hair, several body piercings, many tattoos and her heavy make-up, Phoebe was certainly... unique, and she knew this. It was also part of the reason, she figured, why she had trouble finding boyfriends. But she had never thought about changing who she was just to suit others.

With her new power though, she knew she could very much change who she was, at least from the neck down, while still keeping her identity. She began to smirk to herself as she entered the tea room and sat down. Maybe this power was a game-changer after all. She glanced up at the clock on the wall and saw she still had five minutes until her shift started. She straightened her black-rimmed glasses and then glanced around at the five co-workers who were in the tea room with her. Helen, Jade, Luke, Charlotte and Sukhi were sat around the table either drinking coffee, chatting or messing around on their phones.

As she sat there, Phoebe was largely ignored by her colleagues. But this suited her fine as she twiddled with one of her pigtails and studied her co-workers one by one, a cheeky little smirk still etched on her face.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Adeptus Astartes (UN: saracen1187 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Adeptus Astartes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2058653-Acquiring-Powers-4/cid/2786986-Phoebe-the-Swapper