*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Help Wanted
  2. Taken
  3. Sunrise
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2248241-Help-Wanted
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2075317
Follow Sheriff Texas as she tries to take back her town! Or get squashed in the process.
This choice: Texas decides to recruit some help  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Help Wanted

    by: Braun Beatdown
Texas knew she could only barely match up to one of the top ranking gangbosses on her best day, and this was far from her best day. She needed help. So, after pouring herself a desperately needed cup of black coffee, she dug through her desk and found her old help wanted ad from back when she first recruited April. As she headed out to the center of town to paste it up, she noticed more than few townsfolk were muttering under their breath about it. It was never a good sign when a sheriff was looking for a new deputy, especially given what tended to happen to folks around here when they turned up missing. But, undeterred, Texas put up her poster and headed back to the office to rustle up what little supplies she had for a posse. She wasn't expecting much, so if nobody showed up before sundown she'd just have to head out on her own.

It was five in the evening when Texas had decided she had enough ammunition, rope and non-stick grease to try and tussle with Smiling Jacks, but she was still out of a partner. She was just about to head back to the square to peel down her poster when there came a knock at her door. She opened it up and was nearly bowled over by a mass of feathers inviting herself in. Standing just a foot over texas and weighing close to three times her, was Clementine Clucknoggin, the eldest (and dumbest) daughter of the Clucknoggin estate.

The Clucknoggins were, as their name would imply, probably the furthest from "learnded folk" as you could come, but Pa Clucknoggin made up for his lack of literary prowess with his ornery temper and his virility. The Clucknoggin family was the primary reason that there was no official census taken of Gold Springs, both because of their ever expanding family tree and the fact that most census takers or any "gummit men" that set foot on their property lose whatever they had above their shoulders. But while they weren't exactly civilized, the Clucknoggins as a whole had a profound hatred for criminals and so they were about the only ones Texas could rely upon to resist the bullying that the local crimebosses put out.

"Weeelll howw dee, Missy Sheriff!" clucked the chubby chicken, "I's saw your poster up onna bul't'n board and I wanna helps ya!"

Texas cocked an eyebrow, "You can read?"

"Shoot naw, I had tha paperboy read it ta me, and he said it said you's lookin' fer a new depudee, and that I oughta get my big stinkin' butt outta his face, which was an awful weird thing to print onna poster iffn I do says so myself."

Texas weighed her options. Clementine wasn't exactly a perfect partner, in fact she could be more of a liability than not. There had been more than a few times in which Texas had to cut a chase short because she ended up running into her fat feathered ass and she didn't realize it till hours later. But on the otherhand, she was big, strong and packing her paw's rusty double barrel.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Braun Beatdown (UN: beatdown at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SquashedFlat has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2075317-Adventures-of-Texas/cid/2248241-Help-Wanted