*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A man calls out to her.
  2. The Unscrupulous City
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2082104-Chitanda-Eru-in-the-Corrupted-City/cid/3109907-A-man-calls-out-to-her
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Zero
Rated: GC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2082104
Chitanda-san is an innocent fifteen-year-old highschooler living in a dark, cruel city.
This choice: A man calls out to her.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A man calls out to her.

    by: Zero
"Oi, what are you doing, standing around and looking like an idiot?"

Chitanda flinched as she heard a man’s voice calling out to her at a distance.

One man approached her, a rather tall, intimidating muscular man wearing a white tank top and jeans. His shoulders and parts of his back had tattoos on them, running all the way down to his arms. There were faint healed cuts on parts of his face and his forearms. As he exhaled, the smell of smoke and booze wafted it's way over towards her face. All around, he seemed like a thug, a street criminal through and through. It didn't help his voice carried a rough, and coarse demeanor. He was a stark contrast to the schoolgirl’s gentle ladylike appearance.

As he stood before her, he looked at the bus stop she had just gotten off at. It didn't take too long before he put two and two together. A grin formed on his face. "Oh. Another lost bus rider huh? A shame. Happens from time to time. Sorry to say lady, but you should've stayed on that bus. They don't come back after this hour, and only way later in the morning. But you shouldn't stand out here like that you know. This part of Kamiyama is pretty shady you know. How about you come with me to my apartment? I'll let you stay till the morning. Heck, I'll even give you fare money. Not like you can stay anywhere else here without being accosted."

The girl fanned the air a few times to help disperse the scent of smoke and alcohol lingering from his breath.

Without having replied yet, she realized that this man was keener than he first looked as he quickly deduced her predicament from a simple glance at the bus stop. A look of mild embarrassment leaked on her face as she was unable to hide that what he said was true.

After hearing that the bus wouldn’t come back after this hour for the night, the schoolgirl exclaimed, “Eh? Really?” As her luck would have it, there wasn’t going to be a quick bus ride back until next morning.

The man then offered his apartment as a place for her to stay till tomorrow morning. Chitanda initially accepted his words as a gesture of kindness, but a great sense of unease stopped her from recklessly taking up his offer.

If this part of Kamiyama is pretty shady, how can she be sure that he isn’t also a byproduct of that shadiness?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Accept his offer

*Noteb*
2. Decline his offer

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zero (UN: masuta at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zero has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2082104-Chitanda-Eru-in-the-Corrupted-City/cid/3109907-A-man-calls-out-to-her