*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. a friend's home of Grant
  2. New Investigation.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2090029-Let-us-go-Ghost-Hunting/cid/2229000-a-friends-home-of-Grant
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Moe
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Ghost · #2090029
Has anyone gone to haunted sites, or at reputed to be haunted?
This choice: a friend's home of Grant  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

a friend's home of Grant

    by: CursedFreedom
"You'll never believe this," Naomi said with almost a sneer, "it's Big Rick! His place off of 8th Avenue."

Grant's jaw stopped working as George bit off more of his half-eaten sandwich to keep himself from chuckling. Big Rick. Grant couldn't grasp the idea.... Rick had just visited his house last week for a barbecue, and when he laid out his idea of a paranormal investigators' team, Rick all but laughed at him. Grant couldn't think of a bigger skeptic.

"Well?"

Grant's memories suddenly dispersed and he found some focus. "Huh? Oh yeah, Rick. Probably a prank, we shouldn't waste our time." He gave a dismissive wave.

"You're not going?" Naomi sounded doubtful.

"Of course we're going!" George swallowed the last of his lunch and started collecting their equipment. "We are DYING here... we need something."

"It's bait. He's only calling to mock us in person. You saw how he was."

George busied himself stuffing duffel bags with EVP recorders, EMF gear, inferred thermometers and camera accessories, and was already on his way out the door. "Waiting for you in the van. Oh, grab the camera, will ya buddy?"

Grant watched his long-time colleague exit the old office building, trying to decide if any of this was worth it. Rick was normally the belittling type, probably the bully in high school, so it seems odd to call him a friend. His nickname is no coincidence either, a large beefy man, as opposed to the slenderness that Grant sports. Yet somehow Rick took a liking to him early on, perhaps out of some pity. Not necessarily a good thing, a clap on the back of a friend like that will send you to the floor.

He looked up to find Naomi staring at him with her arms crossed. "Aren't you gonna follow him?"

"Do we have anything else?"

Naomi straightened her glasses and slid papers back and forth on her desk. "There's some barn that's been abandoned for years, sits all alone off of in the field by Haystack woods. Some kids called, they said they were checking out the place. Probably up to no good, I'd guess, but they claim they heard loud noises and voices inside." She smiled and shrugged. "It could also be a prank."

Grant sat down and went over his options. Outside, he could hear George honking at him from the van. After a minute, he looked back at Naomi. "Have you decided?" she asked.

Grant stood up. "I think so."

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 CursedFreedom (UN: brokensword at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Moe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2090029-Let-us-go-Ghost-Hunting/cid/2229000-a-friends-home-of-Grant