*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Dawn of the First Day
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2092809-Vorequestria-Rookie-in-the-Royal-Guard/cid/2193122-Dawn-of-the-First-Day
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Adult · #2092809
Choose a character and guide them through their first (and possibly last) day as a guard.
Chapter #1

Dawn of the First Day

    by: Cainiam
"Attention, Cadets!" came the clear bark of an officer. Every one of the latest batch of fresh meat saluted and then stood ready. The officer in question was one Sergeant Accipiter. The white pegasus marched his way down the line of ponies. He stopped at one, his harsh eyes glaring down at the already shaking earth pony. "You are all about to start your first day as a real guard. You might expect me to wish you congratulations, say I'm proud... but none of that bucking matters! Each and every one of you just declared your loyalty in a constant war. The battle against crime in a city where the crime rate has doubled in the past year alone!" The pegasus sergeant started moving down the line again. "Look to your left, then look to your right. One of those ponies is not going to come back to their bunk tonight."

There was a collection of muttering and gasps at that one, the pegasus turning and swinging his eyes across the crowd. He settled on a pure white slender looking unicorn who looked very much like he was trying to avoid notice. "You! Name and rank!" Accipiter barked.

The unicorn jumped, but quickly managed to snap it into a salute. "Cadet Lance, sir!" he called back surprisingly smartly.

Accipiter grinned, looking almost predatory himself as he trotted to the space in front of him. "Lance, huh? I'm good friends with your uncle. Good to have you onboard. Do try not to dissappoint your dear dad by ending up the night wedged into the ass crack of a fat mare," the officer said with a chuckle. His eyes then instantly whipped to another pony, this one a thestral mare with a rather pudgy build, especially concentrated on her rear. "You! Name and Rank!"

"Cadet Moon, Sir!" the thestral mare replied with enthusiasm.

"Moon, huh? One of Luna's lot. You'll be on night patrol soon enough. Once this is over head to bed, you'll be woken by Sergeant Nox when it's time," he declared loudly, then he leaned in closer, making sure to whisper so quietly only the two of them would hear it. "And don't wander around the barracks. Some of the guards here love to play with rookies and Thestrals aren't an everyday occurence." His piece said, he leant back, then snapped to another invidual to repeat the process.

Soon enough Accipiter returned to the front, stopping in front of the now much more shaken and less confident crowd. "Each of you is going to start the day off on patrol. It's up to you whether you want to go solo, but I recommend buddying up between yourselves, or with one of the more experienced guardsponies. You can pick your routes off the board, but once a route is picked that's it, can't have you all in one place. And that's all. Dismissed!" Accipiter turned and trotted towards a nearby door, no doubt to his office.

All the rookies milled about, their sudden source of direction gone. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, one of them will be the protagonist of this story, but which of the two should we choose?

You have the following choices:

1. Cadet Pointed Lance?

2. Cadet Moonbounce?

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Cainiam (UN: cainiam at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cainiam has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2092809-Vorequestria-Rookie-in-the-Royal-Guard/cid/2193122-Dawn-of-the-First-Day