*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Meeting The Coworkers
  2. Get A Job You Bum!
  3. Workers
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263236-Meeting-The-Coworkers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: the kitchen, they need some extra help."  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Meeting The Coworkers

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
Still getting used to the clinginess of the Gerbert’s employee uniform (did they hyper-starch these or something?) Vinnie went through the one employees only door that was indicated to him. Inside the smells were like heaven to his over flared nostrils.

Cheese, grease, tomato sauce, pepperoni, other stuff. The usual smorgasbord Vinnie liked when he and his friends were getting good and stoned. It was a mouth-watering smell. And chocolate cake! There was chocolate cake being baked somewhere too.

“You must be the new guy then?”

There was a rotund woman, not much older than Vinnie, hands deep in a mound of pizza dough. She had a pretty enough face. For Vinnie it was enough that she was female and not snapping her fingers in his face.

“Uh yeah, I guess so.”

“Then welcome to Gerbert Gerbil’s kitchen! I’m Sandy.” Hers was a genuine smile. “Mind passing me that water bottle?” She nodded towards a drink caddy sat on the shelf above her.

Vinnie reached up for it. Upon popping it open he smelled pepsi inside.

“If you could just hold it in front of me.” Hands still caught in the dough, Sandy moved her head to take a long slip from the bottle. “Thank you,” she said after a refreshing sigh, “it gets mighty hot in here sometimes with all the cooking.”

She returned to beating the pizza dough flat. “Hey Jessica, come over here and meet the new guy.”

“Wha?” another voice spoke up from further back in the kitchen. Another woman walked around the corner. The blonde to Sandy’s brunette, she was as short as the manager but had a doughy pear shaped body. Even though she was wearing gaudy oven mitts Vinnie found himself staring at her chunky thighs.

“This is…what’s your name?” Sandy asked.

“Vinnie.”

“Oh, ok. I’ve got cupcakes in the oven,” Jessica said, uninterested. She went back around the corner.

“She’s friendly when you get to know her,” Sandy said. Once she had gotten the dough flattened to the right shape she scooped on some red sauce. “Whatcha here for Vinnie?”

“Uh, that maple chick. I mean, Mabel, told me to come here.”

“Oh, Mabel.” Sandy spoke in a mock whisper. “Yeah, she can be a pill to swallow. But stay on top of your tasks and she won’t bother you.” Sandy clapped her floury hands together.

“We can’t have you cooking in here with all your scruffy hair.” Subconsciously Vinnie ran a hand over his mullet. “So Jessica and I will need you to grab things from storage and the freezer, mostly. Not all the time, just check on us every once in a while to see if we need something. Did they show you where the freezer is?”

“Uh…” if they had Vinnie hadn’t been paying attention.

“It’s just further down the hall. I could use some more ground sausage and chicken cuts.”

“Right, uh, guess I’ll get that.” Vinnie backed out of the kitchen obligated to work. He was hoping he would start tomorrow.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263236-Meeting-The-Coworkers