*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263240-A-Different-Kind-Of-Scare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: Jessica can't eat much, nor can she shake this sickness.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

A Different Kind Of Scare

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
It was turning out to be a lousy month for Jessica ever since she had broken up with Jason. The stress and how much she’d been working lately must have been getting to her because she felt sick all the time.

Her nose and tongue were hypersensitive. Jessica knew that while Cosmic Crew employees were meant to keep up a modicum of cleanliness standards she hadn’t realized how rank many of the caked in smells to the joint were. Rancid leftovers from the dumpster. The permeation of grease that had seeped into every wall. Jessica couldn’t even look at cracked eggs anymore, which was a problem given that she was a baker for Gerbert Gerbil’s. It was all she could accomplish to no hurl into her cake mix.

Jessica’ illness did not go unnoticed. Well, in actually Jessica hid her symptoms as best she could because the new floor manager, Mabel Lynn, was a skinny witch if there ever was one, she got the last manager fired just from pulling up all of his dirt. So Jessica had managed to swallow down the ever-present bile and mask her health as best she could, from both Mabel and some of the other employees.

Sandy was the one co-worker that knew better, given that both Sandy and Jessica worked in the kitchen. The plumper and slightly older cook wasn’t a nurse by any means but she tried whatever she could to make her younger colleague feel better. All the appreciated efforts were mostly for not as Jessica’s body turned into a sluggish crawl so as to not be violently ill all over the kitchen.

“Are you sure you haven’t got the flu or something,” Sandy asked one afternoon when Jessica’s face had flushed.

“No,” Jessica said. “I only seem to get sick when I’m here.” That was a half-truth. Sometimes it was a bear for Jessica to leave her bathroom when getting ready in the mornings.

“Could it be something with those test renovations? I didn’t think Bilbo having to install new animatronics would cause foreign particles in the air.”

“It’s not that either.” Jessica took a seat on the overturned pail. “It’s just…ugh, I’ve never been sick like this before. Guess I’m quite late for all my colds this year.”

Jessica laughed weakly, it was a poor attempt at a joke. But that got her thinking. And dawning comprehension showed on her face as she did some mental math regarding her biological clock. She was LATE!

A feeling of butterflies added to her stressed tummy. “Can you,” she asked Sandy, eyes boring ahead into nothing but kitchen appliances, “would you mind finishing this batch for me? T-there’s something I need to get at the drugstore.”

“Wish I could but these Extra Cheese Specials can’t make themselves…” When Sandy turned around Jessica had already left. “Damnit girl.”



Though the closest drugstore was a few blocks from Gerbert Gerbil’s it didn’t have public restrooms. Jessica was forced to sneak back into work to use the pizzeria toilets. She waited until some giggling girls returned to their birthday party before using a stall.

Soon she got the results of the pregnancy test. And it was true that she was late. Jessica was pregnant!
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2263240-A-Different-Kind-Of-Scare