*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. What Am I?
  2. Catalysts
  3. Introduction & Story Selection
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2266288-What-Am-I
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #2108669
The highs and lows of a complex kids pizzeria, of both the weighty and horrific variety.
This choice: The Entity  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

What Am I?

    by: Elusive Wordsmith
So my story was picked. I doubt it will be much of a story, a narrative to be acclaimed. I'm not much of a storyteller. I can only say what happens, what occurs. All I can do is persist.

And notice things. I notice everything at this place, this building. Where the people come for food, where young ages delight in the games. The walkers in suits, that toil in this place. The one that subverts. I note what means I have to work my influence, impart my will into the world. I notice the tremor behind the joy, the silent horrors, the dreams of broken promises. I notice the dark, melodious sweat that seeps into the walls, I notice the pungent color that masks the true intentions the others keep hidden. I notice the peeling rough taste that saturates the air, hanging thick, cooling the miasma of chaotic sights.

I've worked out a few ideas about this place. It is a happy place. It is a horrid place. It is a place you don't want to look into too greatly. If I were different, I would be content to eat, talk freely, play a game. Tackle this elusive 'fun' that is cornerstone to the concept of this place.

I'm not sure I know what fun is. Or if I ever did.

The past is something I barely recall.

But I hang onto one fragment. When the workings and goings on of this 'Gerbert Gerbil & the Cosmic Crew' get too confusing, I reflect on one frame of reference. Growth. Growth is important. It is what brings changes, it brings betterment. Growth brings a future, a continuation. Growth should not be suppressed, stagnation to be avoiding.

I could be considered an avatar of growth.

But that is only a motive. My origin is much harder to explain, if it can be explained at all. An attempt could still be made.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elusive Wordsmith (UN: raccoon6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elusive Wordsmith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2108669-Full-Mealtimes-At-Gerberts/cid/2266288-What-Am-I