*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2154434-The-WDC-Cookbook/cid/2499834-Lunch---Gluten-Free-Quinoa-Burgers
Rated: E · Interactive · Community · #2154434
A place for all WDC members to share recipes
This choice: Lunch  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Lunch - Gluten Free Quinoa Burgers

    by: Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC
1 medium shallot, peeled and roughly chopped

2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped

1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)

3 eggs (180 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten

1 cup fresh gluten free bread crumbs

3/4 cup (75 g) gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats

2 cups cooked quinoa, cooked in vegetable stock according to package directions (I used red quinoa but it’s all the same aside from the obvious (color))

3 to 4 carrots, peeled and shredded (125 g)

3 to 4 tablespoons ghee (or extra virgin olive oil), for frying

DIRECTIONS

Report this ad

Preheat your oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set it aside.

In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade*, place the chopped shallot and garlic and pulse until finely minced. Add the garbanzo beans, the salt and the lemon juice, and pulse until mostly smooth. Add the eggs and pulse to combine. The mixture will have become relatively thin. Add the bread crumbs and rolled oats, and pulse until the mixture begins to come together. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the quinoa and shredded carrots, and mix to combine well. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator until the mixture thickens and becomes firmer (about 15 minutes or up to overnight).

Remove the bowl from the refrigerator, uncover it, and, divide the mixture into 10 separate burger patties. Moisten hands with cool water as often as necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands. Place each shaped patty on a paper towel and blot it dry.

Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large, heavy-bottom saute pan over medium heat until the ghee is melted and begins to shimmer. Place as many patties in the pan as will fit without touching one another and fry until golden brown on the underside (about 3 minutes). Flip the patties and fry until golden brown on the other side (another 2 to 3 minutes). Remove the patties to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining patties, using the remaining ghee as necessary.

Place the baking sheet with the burgers on it in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until mostly firm to the touch. Serve warm.

You have the following choices:

1. Lunch

*Noteb*
2. Lunch

*Noteb*
3. Lunch

*Noteb*
4. Lunch

*Noteb*
5. Lunch

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Future Mrs. B celebrates WDC (UN: dunkelhetstern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dragon is hiding has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2154434-The-WDC-Cookbook/cid/2499834-Lunch---Gluten-Free-Quinoa-Burgers