*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Prologue - Day of Judgement
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2161143-Quarian-Giantess-Meets-Attack-On-Titan/cid/2508035-Prologue---Day-of-Judgement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2161143
A Quarian suddenly finds herself a mile tall giantess upon a world beset by 'tiny' titans
Chapter #1

Prologue - Day of Judgement

    by: Centurion
Prologue

Paradise Island

Day of Judgement



The radiance of the morning was blocked from view by a distinctly unnatural eclipse, a dark and terrible shadow falling across the landscape all the way to the horizon, large enough to swallow up a dozen towns. With a deafening rumble like thunder another cityscape was reduced to dust, the tortured screams of unaccountable thousands echoing across the landscape. From the point of impact, a tidal wave of pressurized dust and debris swept outwards in all directions, smashing down any surviving structures in its wake for miles around in every direction.

Soaringly high above the shattered remains of the ruined principality towered an object of such immense size it was unperceivable to the tiny handful of battered survivors who found themselves closest to it. At best they could perceive two vast mountains of obsidian black rock towering above the horizon, though they had no idea that what they saw were merely the twin tips of something much more massive. Those further away who had the benefit of distance and scale could see the massive construct for what it truly was, the dual toes of a gigantic boot, armoured yet distinctly feminine, and unmistakably alien. A second boot, identical to the first was poised across the river that marked the boundary of that particular territorial district, the smouldering ruins of a once prosperous trading town strewn around it. From the base of each foot soared an almost metallic cylinder like tower of silver and black, each of which gave way to the outline of a colossal and shapely thigh wrapped in synthetic black webbing and cloth several thousand meters above. Dizzyingly high above the skyline, elaborately curved and interlocking plates of metallic silver combined with a synthetic bodysuit drawn tightly over corded muscles and flesh, forming the silhouette of a gigantic alien woman clad in a suit of distinctly extra-terrestrial environmental armour. Her face was hidden behind a reflective half oval faceplate, whilst a vast cowl covered the metallic helmet that enclosed the head behind her mask, the hood reaching down to the woman's shoulders.

The giantess was truly monolithic in stature.

The gigantic Quarian paused, the gauntlets of her colossal three fingered hands resting atop her hips as she surveyed the land below, the crushed out remains of the towns and cities she had already visited that morning splotched out as tiny imperfections to the rolling hills and plains of this world. Sunlight from a distant star glanced off her breastplate and helm as the alien woman cast her eyes over the sprawling landscape, her featureless mask bereft of any emotion as all around her, the world burned.

Small arms and cannon fire shrieked upwards at the giantess from seemingly every direction, the explosive shells and projectiles disintegrating harmlessly against her cyclonic energy shielding. Blue lighting continued to crackle and spit around her, the tiny humanoids who still found themselves closest to her shrieking as the electrical discharge of her shielding lashed out, vaporizing them to ash. Almost by subconscious afterthought the woman’s hand strayed to the pistol at her hip, her gloved forefinger deftly brushing over the trigger before she thought better of it. Nothing on this world could harm her, and it would not have been worth the effort to visit such disproportionate destruction upon the indigenous inhabitants at this time.

In the distance wherever she looked, the Quarian woman saw destruction and calamity of a truly catastrophic scale. The smallest of this world’s indigenous inhabitants reminded her, at least ‘superficially’ of the humans she had known of and met in what now seemed a distant previous life, before she had become stranded upon this world. Baring herself of course, they were clearly the most intelligent inhabitants of this world, and they still fought to defend a civilization that had in reality already fallen. Their walls breached and their population centres exposed to the raving depravations of their lumbering almost zombie like kin who dwarfed them in size and scale many times over, the inhabitants of the island kingdom still fought on. Their soldiers formed barricades and blockades behind guns and artillery when they could, herding their civilian population to the safety of walled enclosures where such structures still existed. The Quarian watched them firing their weapons at both the diminutive ‘titans’ as she had come to call them, and herself, her shielding still vaporizing every projectile and shell that was fired at her in pathetic puffs of tiny smoke.

The Quarian woman knew that she was responsible for the nightmarish hellscape this previously idyllic paradise had become, and she knew there was nothing she could do to stop the coming extermination had she even been inclined to. Whether they died in the bloodstained maws of the encroaching titans that looked so much like them or were pulverized to death beneath her own colossal steps, the Quarian knew that the indigenous ‘humans’ of this island simply would not survive. Not now the last of their defences had been overrun.

But she still could, with what lied at their very heart of their island and kingdom. With that thought in her mind the Quarian continued her path of unfathomable destruction across the kingdom, the sprawling urban city that was this human kingdom’s capital quickly appearing upon the horizon.

The Quarian woman’s foot came down just outside the outskirts of the capital city. Her armoured boot straddled a vast highway that led to the ‘mighty’ metropolis’s centre, the city’s walls and multi-storied building situated upon its outskirts shaking with the force of her footfall, their slopped roofs not even reaching the height of her toes. From the vantage point of her visor distantly high above, the woman glimpsed movement in the shadows cast beneath her boots, scores of tiny humans fleeing in terror towards the imagined safety of their capital.

From her vantage point, the Quarian woman could see the city had already all but fallen.

Titans in such vast numbers that she had not encountered before thronged the city, the clumsy giants smashing their way through buildings and thoroughfares as they clawed at and feasted upon the fleeing humans by their hundreds. The sharp crackle of many hundreds of rifles and small arms fire, interspaced with heavier cannon blasts and explosions ripped across the city’s skyline, indicating remnants of the cities garrison still remained. Many thousands of humans still remained within the city despite the titan infestation.

They would not remain alive much longer.

Rifles and cannons continued to pepper the Quarian giantess with sporadic fire, her shielding disintegrating the tiny projectiles with ease. With surreal and almost leisurely grace the Quarian raised her hand towards the city, small arms fire and explosive munitions exploding harmlessly against the heavy leather of her palm. Turning her hand over, the Quarian flex her long fingers and thumb before activating her Omni-tool, her eyes scanning the data that appeared before her.

There was no mistake, the transmission was originating from beneath the city’s centre.

With a tired sigh the Quarian deactivated her Omni-tool, her colossal three fingered hands descending to her hips as she lifted her foot from the ground. Raw clumps of earth and asphalt from the despoiled ground below tumbled free from her bootsole as she lifted her foot above the city, her leg bent at the knee. Beneath her in the carnage of the capital’s streets, tiny human and colossal titans alike suddenly looked upwards as the dark shadow of her foot swept over them, hundreds of tiny humans falling to their knees in fear, terror and prostration. Men, women and children screamed in terror, clutched and their loved ones and begged for their lives as dizzyingly high above and with her hands poised atop her shapely hips, the Quarian woman’s expressionless mask looked down at them between the dual tips of her toes, her cold intentions towards them unmistakable.

She was gigantic, an impossibly huge titan towering above titans.

Her soon to be victims could only pray as the Quarian made her final judgement;

The Quarian giantess stood, somewhere between;

You have the following choices:

1. 1 – 5 Miles Tall

2. 5 – 10 Miles Tall

3. 10 – 25 Miles Tall

4. 25 – 100 Miles Tall

5. 100+ Miles Tall


Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Centurion (UN: panther1945 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Centurion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2161143-Quarian-Giantess-Meets-Attack-On-Titan/cid/2508035-Prologue---Day-of-Judgement