*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. a warm welcome
  2. New family
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2207644-My-mythical-family/cid/3385924-a-warm-welcome
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by eevee
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Family · #2207644
This is what happens when you are adopted by a mythical family
This choice: Harpy  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

a warm welcome

    by: right
Jake, who was 8 years old, was told by the director of the orphanage that his new family was here, but never he imagined they wouldn’t be human.
He had never seen a harpy before, and now three of them were waiting for him: a tall male, a nice female, and a little girl.
They were looking like humans except for the majestic wings colored as their hair and the scaled legs with sharp prehensile claws.

The male approached him, he had a short brown hair plus a goatee and Jake estimated his height around 2 meters. He also had a nice smile while looking at the kid.
Hello Jake! I’m Theodore but you can call me daddy. Because I’ll be your daddy from now on! You and me, we’ll do so much together. I can’t wait to present you to the rest of the village. Hey! There is also a nice playground next to our house and we also have a little dragon at home and …” He said all that while putting his wings on his future son’s shoulder.
Jake was happy to get adopted but couldn’t prevent himself to feel intimidated by so much enthusiasm for a first encounter.

The female came to his rescue. She had a long dark hair gathered in a ponytail. She took Jake away from the male and kept him in her wings with a gentle smile.
Don’t scare the kid please, Honie.” She said calmly to her husband before addressing to boy she was covering “Don’t worry little one, we’ll let you get used to the family first. By the way, my name is Miriam and I’ll be your mom. We hope you’ll feel great around us.
Jake felt the warmth of the feathers and felt secure into the gentle embrace of his future mom.

The only one left to introduce was the little girl, probably her sister. She was standing alone for a little while, but when she noticed the other kids looking at her, she ran toward her father.
Oh hey! Camelia! Don’t worry, we’re not forgetting about you! Say hello to your brother!” said the dad to his lovely daughter.
The shy little harpy slowly approached Jake and their mother, looking at the boy with curiosity. She had a middle-length red hair and her eyes were green as emeralds.
Hi … I’m Camelia … nice to meet you …I hope you will be a nice brother.” She clearly was unsure of the situation, but she wasn’t hostile either.

Jake looked at his new family with joy, but there was only one problem.
Mom! Dad! Sister!” answered the boy with a smile “Thank you for taking me with you. But … If I can’t fly, won’t this be a problem for me?
Oh! Don’t worry son! The whole house is fully adapted so you can live a normal live with us!” reassured the dad.
Also, our town has a lot of land inhabitants. You don’t have to worry about your physical capacities.” added the mom.
Jake was relieved that his new parents prepared everything for him.

The mother freed Jake from her wings and said to the two kids. “Alright you two! Why don’t you have fun outside while your father and I finish here?
The parents needed some time to sign the documents.

the story will follow with ...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 right (UN: necrotoy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
eevee has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2207644-My-mythical-family/cid/3385924-a-warm-welcome