*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Journey Begins...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2208113-Change-In-Perspective-Electric-Boogaloo/cid/2760951-A-Journey-Begins
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2208113
A resurrected story of change and being changed where anything can happen.
Chapter #1

A Journey Begins...

    by: SpookyNoodle
"Alex!" a loud female voice bellowed from below you, "You had better be up, young man!"

"Ugh..."

You opened your eyes to the unwanted glow of rude sunshine peeking through your closed blinds. A cursory glance to the clock on your nightstand revealed that it was half past noon in glowing neon green digits, lovely. With a yawn, you sat up and blinked blearily, staring off into space while your sleep addled brain kicked itself awake.

"God dammit," you mumbled tiredly, "that's the last time I start a game of Civilization at midnight..."

Indeed, starting a game of the famed Empire Builder at such a late hour was a horrible idea, especially given that an average game tended to last hours on end. That being said, you were almost certain to do it again at some point. Rinse and repeat.

"Alex!" the loud female voice shouted again.

"I'm up! I'm up!" you called back, not willing to risk the earful you'd inevitably receive if you stayed in bed any longer.

After all, your mom, though fairly tolerant of your chronic oversleeping during Summer Vacation, wasn't about to let you sleep until 2 o'clock like you wanted to after long nights of gaming or reading your favorite books.

With a long-suffering sigh, you got out of your nice, warm bed and stumbled across your room, pausing for a moment to look at your unkempt reflection in the mirror hanging on the back of your bedroom door.

Ignoring the fact that you looked like a zombie freshly risen from the grave, you cut a fairly good-looking figure, in a sort of average kind of way. Your mop of messy dark brown hair sat over perpetually sleepy-looking dark brown eyes, thick brows, a slim, slightly roman nose, thinly pursed lips, and a strong, angular jawline. Pale skin and a slight dusting of stubble on the lower half of your face gave you a scruffy look that you tended to prefer as opposed to clean cut.

A fairly handsome face, if your mother was to be believed. Though, given that said compliment came from your MOTHER of all people, gave you cause for slight doubt. As your mom, she probably felt the need to flatter you.

You certainly weren't going to win any awards for bodybuilding but you liked to think you had a sort of slim and sinewy kind of figure. Fit, without being built, but definitely not out of shape either.

Odd, considering your somewhat hermit-like lifestyle.

But you weren't about to complain, given the alternative...

Grumbling under your breath, you...


*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SpookyNoodle (UN: spookynoodle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SpookyNoodle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2208113-Change-In-Perspective-Electric-Boogaloo/cid/2760951-A-Journey-Begins