*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A New Direction in Life
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211197-Minuscule-Mentor/cid/2778122-A-New-Direction-in-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Erotica · #2211197
There's a new tutor in town. (A fan-made spiritual sequel to superdude9's "Tiny Tutor")
Chapter #1

A New Direction in Life

    by: spicecrow
After graduating college, an ordeal all its own, you were sitting in your bedroom one day, wondering what you ought to do with your life. You had graduated with high honors, majoring in English, but you had to admit that you got so caught up in academics, you never really stopped to think about what you’d do with your degree afterwards. Two years had passed since then, and you spent most of your days at home, not yet having found the inspiration to set out on your own. (Your size also limited the number of things you could really do, but you’d never admit that.) Today had been one such listless day so far, but as you sat lost in thought, the evening news suddenly caught your attention with a breaking story.

“...only one inch in height due to a rare congenital defect. He was reported missing one week ago by members of his family, who say they had already waited two weeks to file the report.”

Wow, could it be true? The doctors had told you only a handful of people around the world shared your condition, but you recognized the house in this news report as being only a few blocks away. To think you lived this close to another inch-tall man this whole time and had no idea! Though, from the sound of the report, you may not ever get a chance to meet him…

“Yeah, he’s often away from the house for several weeks at a time due to his job as a private tutor. We thought he was off on one of his tutoring sessions, but he never came home…”

The reporter on-screen continued to interview the man’s family about his disappearance, but you found yourself distracted by what had just been said.

“A private tutor, huh? I had never really considered it, but that could be a great way to use my degree! There are plenty of people looking to learn better English in this city. If that guy can do it, I’m sure I can too!”

Your mind made up, you decided to take the first steps toward becoming a tutor that very minute. You were never one to look before you leapt, and it seemed you’d already forgotten what happened to the last inch-high guy to enter the field. Let's hope your recklessness doesn't lead you to a similar fate…

---

After studying about being an independent tutor for a couple hours, you were convinced this was the opportunity you had been waiting for. Excitedly, you texted your dad to come up to your room, where the two of you chatted about the idea for a while. At first, he seemed a little hesitant about letting you leave the house for such extended periods, but after a long explanation, you eventually won his support. With him on your side, convincing your mother took little effort, and before you knew it, you were back at your laptop, ready to fire off a job posting indicating your availability. Just as you had finished it up and were hitting submit, you noticed a push notification out of the corner of your eye, indicating that Alyssa had logged on for the evening.

Where does your adventure take you from here?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 spicecrow (UN: spicecrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
spicecrow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2211197-Minuscule-Mentor/cid/2778122-A-New-Direction-in-Life