*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Where the magic (and/or horrific sci-fi) happens
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2218870-WonderWorld/cid/2819293-Where-the-magic-andor-horrific-sci-fi-happens
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2218870
Transformation in a World of Wonder™
Chapter #1

Where the magic (and/or horrific sci-fi) happens

    by: Yote
As with anything owned by Wondertainment, the cheery facade masks a dark underbelly. The staff, by necessity, have been organized into a strict hierarchy; with management at the top; technicians, writers, and actors a rung lower on the ladder; and sanitation, maintenance, and grunt workers at the bottom.

Actors are the most sought-after positions; for both the prestige of such a position and the benefits afterward. Contracts are set for five years at the minimum, and anyone who makes it through that crucible can get any Wondertainment-owned role they desire. The selection and training process is rigorous too, a strict regimen of lessons to teach them how to stay in-character no matter their form or situation.

Many a proud graduate of that program have been bitterly disappointed by the nature of their assignment. Gender, age, height: all these and more are no barrier to the Wondrous™ auto-surgeons of Meconstruction!

Writers are assigned to create exciting new Plotlines for their awaiting guests. There are a few that create Wonderful™ experiences every time they put pen to paper, but a fair amount of the writer’s room is burnt out, and just rehash usual tropes for their none-the-wiser guests. A few luminaries are employed as coaches for the actors, watching plots unfold through contact-lens cameras whilst whispering plot twists and story directions into the actor’s cleverly hidden earpieces. Whether the actors listen or not is a bit of a toss-up.

Technicians are stretched to their creative limit as well by Wondertainment’s nigh-unmeetable quota: designing new animatronics for creatures and roles unoccupiable by humans; new gadgets and special effects to enhance the realism of each environment; and pushing the envelope of Meconstruction’s technology.

(There are rumblings of discontent among the actors about artificially intelligent robots created to take their starring roles in the park, but those are mostly dismissed with much rolling of the eyes and scoffs of ‘Science fiction!’)

Wonder-World’s mantra is ‘customer-obsession’, after all. Who needs to follow labor laws when you have mountains of cash?

That being said, who are you?

You have the following choices:

1. Doctor Wonder himself!

2. An actor!

3. An employee of the park!

4. A guest!

*Noteb*
5. Someone else!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2218870-WonderWorld/cid/2819293-Where-the-magic-andor-horrific-sci-fi-happens