*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Magic Milk
  2. The Dreamscape
  3. Adventure... Awaits!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261964-Breakwynd-Journey/cid/3232558-Magic-Milk
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Clide
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2261964
Get ready for an adventure full of magic, fantasy, and a whole lot of farting!
This choice: --a fountain spring flowing with milk  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Magic Milk

    by: Clide
Once he opened his eyes, Erik saw a vast fountain spring flowing with bright white milk. It was some of the purest white Erik had seen in his life - it appeared almost like fresh liquid snowfall.

"M-Milk?" he stammered. "How is milk gonna help?"

"This nectar we have provided you will grant you the powers you need to combat those that will stand against you," the voice assured. "Drink a handful, and you will be bestowed with a bit of the Wind's power."

"The Wind...?" Erik asked. "Wait... you mean, this stuff is gonna make me fart like those bandits?! Why would I want that?!"

"The Element's power has been greatly misused, but that does not make the Element itself foul," the voice answered. "Proper use of the Wind's gifts will help you best those who would misuse it for petty or selfish purposes. Such counteractions will negate the Nightmare's progress in enveloping the Land of Waking from the shadows from which it creeps."

"Hold on," Erik said. "You say that like there's more people who have terrible flatulence that I'm gonna be running into. How many people in Esteri fart like that, exactly?"

"More than you may expect," said the voice. "I told you: the Element of Wind is very in-tune with your land."

So... this "Wind Element" thing is making the people of Esteri... gassy? Erik asked himself. Not exactly a great blessing...

"Fret not," the voice continued, "for you will have control over your Wind, just as those who attacked you did."

"They could control their farts?" Erik asked in surprise. "How? How can one do that?"

"The blessing."

Erik stood silently and gave a glare up to the sky where he assumed the voice was coming from. But then a thought crossed his mind.

I mean... I GUESS it makes sense, strangely enough. After all, that attack was actually rather coordinated. There's no way that many bandits could fart all at once simply by coincidence... So, that has to be it. This Wind Element thing is giving the residents of Esteri super farts!

"OK, OK, OK..." Erik said as he waved his hands. "So, drinking this milk will give me... uh, magical gas. Magical gas that I can use to... out-fart others?"

"Correct," the voice confirmed. "But only against those that would misuse it. The collective actions of those who misuse or abuse their blessing are fueling the Nightmare. Do what you can amidst your travels, as you look for the source."

"OK..." Erik answered, still unsure. "So... I fart to stop others from farting... the wrong way. But, how will I know they're even doing that? And where is the source of this Nightmare?"

"I cannot say," the voice answered. "Once you return to the Land of the Waking, that will be up to your discretion. It is the Dreamscape's hope that you use your blessing wisely."

How vague... Erik said to himself.

"But... what if I do not wish for this blessing?" he asked.

There was a moment of silence before the voice answered.

"You may return to the Land of the Waking without the Element of Wind's blessing if you wish," it assured. "However, it will only make your journeys in the Land of Waking more difficult. The Dreamscape will not force you if you do not wish to, but we do humbly ask that you consider, at the very least."

Thank gods, Erik thought. For a second, I thought I was gonna be stuck with this "blessing."

Erik then considered his options.

I hate to admit it, but those super farts would give me an advantage... that is, if I can actually learn how to control them, anyway. Considering how those bandits knocked me out, they're clearly powerful. Might even help me get used to the smell a lot faster too. But... they're just farts, right? I've bested worst before. Now that I know what to expect, I won't be taken off-guard so easily.

After several long seconds of silent deliberation, Erik decided to--

You have the following choices:

1. --Accept the Blessing (Erik becomes gassy)

*Noteb*
2. --Reject the Blessing (Erik stays the same)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Clide (UN: zbclide at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Clide has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2261964-Breakwynd-Journey/cid/3232558-Magic-Milk