*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. New Game
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2271668-Digitized/cid/3228409-New-Game
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2271668
After a strange dream, you have the ability to enter video games...
Chapter #1

New Game

    by: Charizard43
3rd person POV

Our story begins on a cool August night, where a teenaged boy is in his room. This boy is named Blaise, an average 15 year old. Like most teenagers Blaise's age, he was happily spending their time doing their favorite hobby.

For a 15 year old, Blaise's room was surprisingly neat. As usual there were a few posters tacked on to the wall, with a Pikachu plushie sitting on the bed. The room was decorated mainly in shades of blue, Blaise's favorite color. The lights were turned off, leaving only two things to barely illuminate the teenager's room: the street lamp outside, and the glaring TV in Blaise's room. This was from Blaise of course, trying to get one more match in before they go to bed.

The phone in Blaise's pocket makes a beep noise, attracting the attention of them. He quickly checks his phone, to which a single message from his mother downstairs was awaiting response.

"I'm heading to the store, we are low on some necessities. Do you want anything for tommorow?" The text read.

"Well I'll be heading to bed, so I'll probably be alseep when you get home. Could you get some granola bars please?" Blaise responded. Though he liked other snacks like chips and candy, granola bars were oddly his favorite...

Blaise powered off the console they were playing on, causing the recreational piece of software to power down. He quickly got dressed into the pajama shorts the teen likes to wear, and pulled themself under the bed covers. His eyes shortly started to get heavy, causing them to fully close after about five minutes.

---ORIGINAL TRANSISTION--------------------

"...................."

"......h-............lo?"

"He......lo......ell....o? Can yo.....hear this?" A melodious, feminine voice echoed inside of Blaise's dream scape.

"Where.....am...i?" Blaise thought, seeing the surroundings. The teen was suspended in what looks like a navy colored void, gravity stripped away from him. While they could see a floor, the shiny onyx colored surface was several feel below them. Strangely, his thought echoed around the room, as if he said it, and there where walls for the sound to bounce off of.

"One, two, three, testing! Is this working?" The feminine voiced rang out again, this time much clearer "always wanted to say that..."

"Um.....ello?" Blaise replied, unsure about how to respond.

"....Finally, I've reached you!" The voice boomed, clearly excited about the connection. "Before we start, you probably want to know where you are, huh?"

".....yes, please." Blaise replied, confused about pretty much everything that was currently happening. Where is this? Who is speaking to me? Why does this remind him of a certain rpg? Eerily, his thought echoed through the void again, but it seemingly fell on deaf ears to the voice.

"Well, long story short, this is a segment of your sleeping mind." The voice explained, though not making any sense "this is where your mind goes when you sleep, and dreams form here. I stopped that from happening tonight, though. We need to talk."

Blaise raises his hand like he is in class.

"And yes, you may call it the velvet room." The voice continued, causing Blaise to silently cheer.

"Just one more question, who the Frick are you?" Blaise asked, curious whom was speaking.

"Well I guess that's a fair question..." the voice replied, trailing off like she dosent want to explain. "I'm Annessa. This is kinda hard to explain, but I'm sort of a.....divine entity."

"Wait...what?!"

"I told you it was hard to explain!" Annessa exclaimed, clearly a bit annoyed. That emotion quickly melted, returning her voice back to the motherly tone it had before.. " And no, I'm not God. To simplify things, I'm more so of a.... Valkrie. Anyways, we need to cut to the chase."

"And what is that?" Blaise asked, still confused about Annessa's previous statement, but also intrigued.

"Why I've summoned you here is to give you something." Annessa explained. "Truth be told, being a lesser divine being gets kinda....boring. Most of us kinda just live normal human lives because the big guys above haven't really done anything involving all of us as of late. To pass the time, I picked up gaming as a hobby. More specifically, virtual reality games."

Blaise scratched his head, trying to process. I mean, not only is he speaking to someone potentially connected to god(s), she likes video games, too?! That seems almost too convenient...

"Go on." Blaise encouraged

"Well, I was playing a vr game, when a thought crossed my mind. What would happen if you make any game vr, when its not normally?" Annessa continued "one thought led to another, and I came up with this: what if you made any game vr, but you added every sense, as if you just entered the game itself? I could not stop thinking about that question, to the point where I made this blessing."

An orb of light started to shine in front of Blaise. While Blaise was staring directly at this light, it didn't hurt their eyes. Blaise could feel the divine power emanating from the orb, however...

"I will give you this blessing, though it's just a prototype. Don't worry, because I've made sure it works." Annessa explained "this orb allows its absorber to willingly turn their soul and body into code, and enter any videogame. I have chosen you to be the vessel."

Blaise couldn't believe it. A godly blessing that allowed its user to enter any video game? AND ITS GETTING JUST HANDED TO THEM?! Blaise was now stunned, scrambling to get his composure in line.

"I only have two words to say, THANK YOU!" Blaise stammered, struggling to find words " quick question though, why did you choose me?"

"I pulled a sheet of paper with your name on it out a comically large tophat." Annessa bluntly replied.

"Oh. Ok...."

"Thanks to my luck though, you seem like the perfect candidate." Annessa compliments "now I guess we both got lucky. However, let us begin."

The orb flew directly in front of Blaise's upper chest, as if it responded to the command..

"This mortal has showneth thou great admiribility, I hereby bless thy mortal with the power of the cosmos!" Annessa recited, albeit with a blush on her face.

Suddenly, the orb disappeared in a flash of golden light.

"Was the Shakespeare chant REALLY necessary?" Blaise retorted. Despite his miniscule complaint, he felt...different.

"Well, yes, and no." Annessa explained. "You have to chant something along the lines of that in order for a blessing to work. As for the Shakespeare, I say that because I think it cool..."

"Sorry if I offended you, then." Blaise apologized, genuinely feeling bad about his comment now.

"None taken." She replied "anyways, this chapter is getting long, so I think I might head out. Be sure too remember too test out your new abilities!

Like Blaise wouldn't! Being able to bounce in and out of video games at will is a any gamer's dream! But Blaise couldn't shake a question in his mind?

"So why are you just giving away this?" The teen asked, eager to know the answer.

"Oh, it's too test it out. And to be honest, I seems fun. I haven't had much interaction with mortals recently."

"So I guess that why you aren't testing it yourself?"

"Oh I'll be testing it myself, too." Annessa announces "I'll show up as a background character in a game you jump into. I won't intrude on anything unless you want me too, I'll just be there collecting data."

Suddenly, blaise's vision started to blur and their hearing started to distort.

"And that's my cue!" Blaise managed to hear through whatever was happening. "Sweet dreams!"

_________________________________________

........6 hours later...

*beep beep beep bee-*

"Ugh, why did I set an alarm clock for summer vacation again?"

Blaise groaned, his morning sickness in full swing. one thing you should know about Blaise, he is the opposite of a morning person. He looked at the TV next to his bed, with his trusty game console next to it.

"Oh right!" The teen exclaimed, Remembering the events of last night. Blaise excitedly picked up a controller, and started to play. At that moment, Blaise felt a foreign power start to course through his fingers. The teen knew that this was the blessing, but how to activate it...

"Touch the screen..." a feminine voice rang out in his head, no doubt Annessa's. Sure, why not? Blaise heeded the command, quickly poking his finger ar the screen.

"Boop"

Suddenly, he was met with a long tunnel enveloping his vision. The tunnel was dotted with binary, and Blaise felt... something transform about him...

What game did Blaise enter?


(Authors note: this chapter was about a month in the making. I had trouble with how the pacing should go, and I got really frustrated. The second half of this chapter was written about two weeks after the first...)

You have the following choices:

1. Nintendo games

2. Playstation games

*Noteb*
3. Xbox games

4. Indie games.

5. More options.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Charizard43 (UN: mumbojumbo12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charizard43 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2271668-Digitized/cid/3228409-New-Game