*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2277736-Rouge-the-Big-Fat-Bat/cid/3390032-She-Gets-Away-From-it-All-Ends-up-on-an-Island
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2277736
Rouge is about to find out what it truly means to live the good life she's always wanted.
This choice: Rouge Seeks out a Life of Pampering and Gluttony...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

She Gets Away From it All, Ends up on an Island...

    by: Borpmcglorp
*Bzzzzzzt* *Bzzzzzzzt*

Rouge looked down at her phone. It was 3 A.M. She had just returned home from another job not an hour ago before collapsing, exhausted in bed. And now, work was calling her again.
Frustrated thoughts ran through her head.
"I can't eat. I can't sleep. Hell I can't even take a shit in peace anymore without another job popping up." She mumbled angrily to herself, face stuck in her pillow.
Yes, it was true. Rouge had finally taken work from a stable employer that utilized her skills as a spy. The job was well compensated. Even gave her her own fancy apartment with a city skyline view.
But Rouge knew she was a bat on a string. No longer did she break into houses for survival as she did when she was young, or for the thrill and her own enrichment as she did as a young adult. Now she was a Bat with a job, and she took orders from others, enriching them instead.

*Bzzzzzzt* *Bzzzzzzzt*

Her phone continued to vibrate on her bedside table. She picked it up and held it in her hand, briefly contemplating exactly what to do.
"I can't quit now. It'll just take some getting used to. What's one more job before the weekend? Then I can buy a bottle of wine and really cut loose!" She thought to herself.
She picked up her phone:

"Yes? Yes. I can be there. Yes I'll take it on. It's no problem." I'll contact you tomorrow then, when the job is finished." *click* Her phone snapped shut.

"UghhhhhhhhhHHH DAMMIT!" She yelled fiercely while gripping her phone harder and harder. "I can't BELIEVE THISSSSSS!!" She hissed into her pillow, holding it against her face.

"I used to love doing this. Now I dread every time my phone rings. What has happened to you, Rouge?" The bat wondered aloud to herself.

She plunked her phone back on her bedside table and tried to get comfortable but she just couldn't fall back to sleep. "Maybe some TV will help", she thought to herself. "A little white noise to help me relax and get back to sleep."

She grabbed her remote control and flipped on the TV. A late night classic about an adventurer traversing the jungle and finding an ancient, hidden civilization was on. Rouge was never one for the classics, and easily fell asleep due to her boredom. As she began to lose consciousness, the remote control fell out of her hand and hit the floor with a thunk, pressing one of the buttons in the process and changing the channel.

An advertisement was playing for an all inclusive luxurious trip to a newly opened resort near the Mystic Ruins area, loudly proclaiming about its extravagant facilities, capable of meeting your every desire.

You have the following choices:

1. Rouge wakes up and gets to work.

*Noteb*
2. Rouge sleeps in

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Borpmcglorp (UN: chris564 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Borpmcglorp has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2277736-Rouge-the-Big-Fat-Bat/cid/3390032-She-Gets-Away-From-it-All-Ends-up-on-an-Island