*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Tim isn't buying it.
  2. The Magic Show Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/CYGWWP26C-Tim-isnt-buying-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2320603
People are transforming at a magic show.
This choice: A young man starts heckling him.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Tim isn't buying it.

    by: rpdr fan
The Great Elowen stood still, basking in the applause that filled the theater. As the audience settled, he prepared to transition into his next trick. Suddenly, a voice from the crowd broke the reverent silence.

“Is that all you’ve got, old man?” The voice belonged to a teenage boy seated near the front, his friends chuckling and nudging each other. The boy, dressed in a hoodie and jeans, leaned back in his chair with a smirk on his face.

Elowen’s smile didn’t falter, but his eyes narrowed ever so slightly. “Ah, a skeptic among us,” he said, his voice smooth and unruffled. “What is your name, young sir?”

“Tim,” the boy replied, crossing his arms defiantly. “And I’ve seen better tricks on YouTube.”

A ripple of laughter spread through the audience, but Elowen remained composed. “Well, Tim, I appreciate a discerning eye. It keeps us magicians on our toes.” He tilted his head, regarding Tim with a mixture of amusement and challenge. “Tell me, Tim, do you believe in magic?”

Tim snorted. “Not a chance. It’s all just sleight of hand and illusions.”

Elowen nodded thoughtfully. “Indeed, much of what you see can be explained by science and skill. But some things,” he leaned forward, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, “defy explanation.”

Tim rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right.”

The magician’s smile widened, a glint of mischief in his eyes. “Would you care to join me on stage, Tim? Perhaps a closer look might change your perspective.”

Tim hesitated, his friends egging him on until he reluctantly stood and made his way to the stage. Elowen extended a hand, which Tim ignored, opting to stand with his hands in his pockets.

“Very well,” Elowen said, undeterred. “Let’s start with something simple. Do you have a coin, Tim?”

Tim dug into his pocket and produced a quarter. “Sure, here.”

“Thank you.” Elowen took the coin and held it up for the audience to see. “Ladies and gentlemen, observe closely. Nothing up my sleeves, no hidden compartments.” He closed his hand around the coin, and when he opened it again, the quarter had vanished.

Tim shrugged. “Seen that one before.”

Elowen raised an eyebrow. “Of course. But have you seen this?” He reached out and plucked the quarter seemingly out of thin air, right above Tim’s head.

“Big deal,” Tim scoffed.

Elowen’s expression turned more serious. “You’re a tough crowd, Tim. Let me ask you this: have you ever considered what might happen if you underestimated a true magician?”

Tim rolled his eyes again. “Whatever, man. Do your worst.”

The magician’s eyes darkened, his smile fading into a more enigmatic expression. “Very well, Tim. But remember, magic can be unpredictable. You might find yourself... altered in ways you never imagined.”

Tim snorted dismissively. “Yeah, okay. Sure.”

Elowen stepped back, his voice now a whisper that seemed to echo through the theater. “Then let us proceed, and may you enjoy the show... as much as you possibly can.”

With a dramatic flourish, he raised his hands, and the theater lights dimmed, focusing solely on the magician and the skeptical teenager. The audience watched in hushed anticipation, wondering just what The Great Elowen had in store for Tim.

You have the following choices:

1. Tim turns into a giant.

*Noteb*
2. Tim turns into a woman.

*Noteb*
3. Tim begins to rapidly age.

4. Tim turns into a bear.

*Noteb*
5. Other

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2320603-Magic-Show-Transformations/cid/CYGWWP26C-Tim-isnt-buying-it