*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. What's up, Doc?
  2. It Begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/871627-Shrinking-Scientists/cid/244232-Whats-up-Doc
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #871627
Scientists develop a shrinking device; what awaits the person who goes under the beam?
This choice: Someone else  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

What's up, Doc?

    by: Unknown
"So who's the two-legged guinea pig," a voice came from the door of the lab. In walked Dr. Victoria Lansing, one of the project veterinarians who worked almost exclusively with Bob and Hailey. It was her job to keep to keep the animals healthy, and salvage what she could of the ones who were victims of unsuccessful tests. Needless to say, she wasn't fond of the scientists or their project. It didn't help that she had discovered that her nickname among some of the male scientists was GD, after GoDaddy.com spokeswoman Candice Michelle, to whom she bore more than a passing resemblance, particularly in the area of her bustline. At 28, Victoria was an earnest young vet who brooked umbrage from no one.
"Sorry to see you your animals out of the line up, Doc?", Bob added.
"Bob!" Hailey elbowed him. "Doctor Lansing, everyone here has appreciated your efforts, and regrets the necessary sacrifice of the test subjects under your care."
Victoria tried to scowl, but it was ineffective at best. Her young pretty face simply did not convey the emotions she felt, and an errant lock of hair that had to be continually brushed out of her face diminished in effects of an attempted scowl. Bob decided to needle her some more.
"Hey, Doc, want to step up to the plate? Follow in the furry footsteps of your four legged friends?" Bob really didn't expect for the good doctor to volunteer, but couldn't help needling her anyway.
Victoria walked forward purposely and pushed a finger into Bob's chest. "Just tell me where to stand, science fair boy."
Now Bob was the one to start stuttering. "Don't be ridiculous, Dr. Lansing, The project couldn't possibly risk one of its..."
Victoria made a clucking noise. "Now who can't back their life's work?"
Bob turned red, and pointed at the circle. "Fine, just stand there." Bob stormed off to the controls as Hailey walked up to Victoria and whispered, "Vic, you don't need to do this. You called Bob's bluff. Now, just let..."
Victoria whispered back. "No, Hailey, Bob's right. I've sent too many of my animals in here. I need to stand in their place." Hailey nodded and stepped out of the way. Bob glared at Victoria, reached for the switch and...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Shrinking Maniac has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/871627-Shrinking-Scientists/cid/244232-Whats-up-Doc