*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/828514-Kellie-enters-the-basement-with-her-friends
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #933025
Matt invents a shrinking formula. Unfortunately, the antidote doesn't work. Uh-oh!
This choice: Kellie enters the basement with her friends  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Kellie enters the basement with her friends

    by: Unknown
"MATT? YOU DOWN HERE?" a booming, feminine voice boomed across the laboratory. Matt crouched down; the voice was nearly deafening. "Oh man! That's Kellie!" Matt cried. Footstep thundered as Kellie and her boyfriend, Josh, walked down the basement step. Josh was two months from his 15th birthday, a few months younger than Kellie. Both Kellie and Josh were freshmen at the same high school as Matt, who was a senior. Even though Josh was not even 15, he was a large, blocky, athletic teenager, a much bigger than the 17 year-old Matt (even when Matt was normal size). Josh was nearly six feet tall, stocky (around 230 pounds) with broad shoulders and barrel chest. Josh certainly wasn't know for having 'six-pack' abs. He was thick around his mid-section, having the build of a defensive lineman. Josh actually was a very good athlete, possessing a lot of strength and surprising speed, leading him to excelling in football and on the basketball court. He had thick, shoulder length blond hair; soft blue eyes; a prominent, rounded jaw; a small, slightly upturned nose; and a cute, boyish smile that melted many hearts. He had a few blond hairs growing from his chin and soft blond fuzz along his jawline, which was probably the extent of his facial hair. Josh had a smooth complexion with freckled cheeks and marked by a few small pimples on his broad forehead, which were mostly concealed under his long bangs.

"That's weird. His bag's upstairs, the lights on down here. What the--? His CLOTHES are piled on the floor! What is he up to?" Kellie wondered aloud, her hands on her hips, looking around the lab. Josh looked around the lab and wrinkled his nose. His facial expression said it all: 'God, what a loser!' Josh took a few steps and snorted, "Maybe his home planet beamed him back aboard the mothership!"
"Oh, and what are you saying? He's my BROTHER! If he's an alien, what am I?" Kellie turned, slapping his solid torso.
"They probably want to leave YOU here! Cuz you're so MEAN!" Josh laughed. Kellie tried to slap him, but Josh grabbed her arms. The two play wrestled for a few seconds, with Kellie pulling away. She folded her arms and pretended to pout.
"Hey, baby. You're the cutest little alien I ever met", Josh said in a sing song voice, wrapping his arms around Kellie from behind in a bear hug. Kellie pulled away.
Meanwhile, Matt was on the floor, a mere 1/2 an inch tall, trying to avoid being stepped on, but about sick of watching the interplay between his sister and her boyfriend. Matt didn't like Josh and Josh didn't like Matt. Matt felt protective of his little sister, but knew that even at his normal size, he was physically no match for Josh. Josh was also an all A student and was likely to be voted into the Honor Society, of which Matt was president, whicn really annoyed Matt. It also bugged Matt that Josh once bragged that he scored a 176 on an IQ test. What a loser. Bragging about an stupid IQ score. He HAS to be lying. At least, that what Matt told himself--Matt scored a 154 on the IQ test!

BOOM! the heel of Josh's colossal sneaker thundered down an inch from Matt. This woke Matt up in time to realize he better get away from these two giants! Josh had fairly big feet anyway--he wore a size 13--but at Matt's tiny size, Josh's sneaker was almost as large as their school building! Josh's sneaker was a well-worn, white with green trim, Nike 'elite' high top from last year's basketball team at the middle school, the cuffs of his jeans was half-stuffed into the shoe, the velco strap undone and flopping around. Kellie pink, canvass tennis shoe slammed down right in front of Matt as he tried to escape Josh's path, 'AACK!" cried Matt.

Kellie and Josh wrestling around looked harmless enough, but for a tiny, 17 year old on the floor, it was frightening as hell! Matt was amazed he wasn't squashed by one of the high school freshmen, who, from Matt's perspective, towered hundreds of feet.

Josh stepped over to the table, his beat-up basketball shoes bumping heavily on the concrete floor, and picked up the jar with the shrinking antidote. He sniffed it and wrinkled his face: "This stuff smells like ass!" Kellie walked over, the footfall of her pink canvass sneakers thundering but not nearly as loud as Josh, and took a whiff :"Ewww! Gross!" Kellie then picked up the jar with the shrinking formula. Matt saw this and ran to the giants, yelling: "NOO!! BE CAREFUL WITH THAT STUFF. HEY! HEY!! DOWN HERE!! STOP!!" But it was useless; he was too tiny to be heard. "What IS this stuff?" Kellie asked, brow furrowed. "I dare you to drink it!" Josh laughed. "YOU drink it!" said Kellie, thrusting it toward him. "I don't want that!" said Josh, pushing it back with the back of his hand. When Josh slapped the jar back, some of the shrinking formula splashed out!

You have the following choices:

1. The formula splashed onto Kellie

2. The formula splashed onto Josh

*Noteb*
3. The formula splashed onto both Kellie and Josh

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Caprino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/933025-Shrinking-Matt/cid/828514-Kellie-enters-the-basement-with-her-friends