*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/1917377-Favor-from-Rick
by Speck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #950227
Scientist developes shrinking formula, and has a wacky idea.
This choice: Zack asks his dorm mates to help him watch for a package  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Favor from Rick

    by: Small1
Hungry, Zack made the decision to head to the college student center for a meal after he concluded his phone conversation with his uncle.

Intrigued by his uncle's mysterious reference to a surprise that would be contained in the package, Zack emerged from the bathroom and saw that his roommate had returned from class.

As usual, Rick was fueling one of his addictions, a green and red aluminum can of Mountain Dew in one hand.

"What's up?" Rick asked. "Heard you on the phone…."

"Yeah, was my uncle," Zack said.

Rick had heard a lot about Zack’s rich uncle. The guy was some sort of scientist, but that information was more than enough for Rick to zone out on any additional details.

"Anyway, he is mailing me a package," Zack continued. "You mind keeping an eye open for it, you know, case it arrives while I'm in class or something."

Rick thought as just a tinge of jealousy set in as he thought of

Well, Rick thought sourly, at least it won't be another car. He had been definitely envious of Zack’s sweet little blue sports car, another gift from his rich uncle.

"Oh yeah?" Rick feigned interest. "What's he sending you this time? Platinum credit card?"

Zack just punched Rick's shoulder as he walked past the buff guy. "Don't know. Just said it was a surprise. Oh, and that I need to be very careful with it. Fragile, I guess."

Rick sort of grunted. "Sure, I'll watch for your package."

"Oh, by the way, I just crushed another disgusting bug in the bathroom," Zack said, weary of having to deliver constant reminders to his roommate. "You really ought not leave dirty clothes all over the place."

Rick rolled his eyes. Zack had a lot of nerve, asking for a favor in one breath, then criticizing him in the next.

"Sure," Rick said, just eager to end the conversation.

"Thanks, man. Cause I am getting tired of stomping all those disgusting bugs."

Rick laughed heartily at Zack's squeamishness. "Not me, man. You just leave any of those disgusting little pests to me."

Zack shared the laughter. "That's a deal, dude."

•••••••

The following afternoon, alone in the dorm, Rick had almost forgotten the previous day's conversation with Zack when...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Zack called to ask if package has arrived

2. The mysterious package is delivered

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Small1 (UN: small1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Speck has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/1917377-Favor-from-Rick