*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/1955520-Eighth-of-an-inch-tall
by Speck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #950227
Scientist developes shrinking formula, and has a wacky idea.
This choice: Eighth of an inch tall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Eighth of an inch tall

    by: Amelia
Staring at the small concoction, Bryan allowed his mind to go wild.

An inch in height would be too large, he figured. It would expand a simple carton of milk to almost 400 feet in height, effectively dwarfing many of the office buildings downtown, but it still seemed lackluster. Bryan had recently gone to half that size only a few weeks ago. It was a thrilling test - and so far the tiniest he had been!

He felt a certain boldness bubbling inside him. Something of an adventurous tingle; like the soul of an explorer vying to escape!

Bryan bit his lip as he settled on a size, reaching for the tiny vial set on his kitchen counter. "An eighth of an inch." The simple statement said aloud made his skin prickle with excitement.

"This is going to be great! Eeeiiiee! Zack is simply going to be wild with delight!"

Vial in-hand, he swished back to his make-shift lab, slamming the door behind him. The adjustments would need to be precise, but nothing more than a simple task to the learned man.

Sounds of idle gibbering and clinking of fragile apparatus filled the next couple hours. Bryan knew just what to do, dripping additions of certain ingredients into the thick mixture. He turned the burner knob to off, and bounded back into his kitchen. A glance at the wall clock showed he had just enough time to spare.

"Yes!" Bryan turned his gaze back to the glass vial he held. The warm liquid nearly filled it completely, thick and frothing. "Here goes nothing! Zack, here I come!"

Opening his lips, he turned the vial and downed the contents with one gulp.

Like many times before, Bryan expected the experience of reduction to be the same as before.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. He is able to climb onto the counter before shrinking

2. Bryan suddenly shrinks on the floor

*Noteb*
3. Something else happens

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Amelia (UN: yangpanang123 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Speck has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/1955520-Eighth-of-an-inch-tall