*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Asking Off From Work
  2. Preparations
  3. A Plan Set In Motion
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241059-Asking-Off-From-Work
by Speck
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #950227
Scientist developes shrinking formula, and has a wacky idea.
This choice: Bryan decided to surprise Zack.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Asking Off From Work

    by: Speck
Bryan decided a surprise would be the most fun. He couldn’t wait to see the expression on his nephew’s face when he opened the package and found his uncle inside, shrunk to a mere quarter of an inch. He felt a little queasy in his stomach as he imaged what it would be like to look up at his nephew at such a humongous size. He planned to return to normal size the instant Zack opened the box, but thought it might just be more fun to stay shrunk for a little while after he arrived. He wondered with nervous excitement what it might be like if Zack picked him up and held him in his hand.

Bryan reached for the phone and called his boss at EDL Labs. Luckily, Dr. Thompson was scheduled for the second shift all this week.

Bryan explained to Dr. Thompson that he would really like the next few days off to visit his nephew in California. “I hope this short notice is not going to be a problem.”

“It’s about damn time you took some time off,” Bryan’s boss spoke gruffly and hurriedly, having been interrupted from an experiment. “Go have some fun, and I don’t want to see you back here for at least seven days.”

Dr. Thompson abruptly hung up without a reply.

“Seven days?!” Bryan thought with a devilish smile.

You have the following choices:

1. Bryan crosses the t's and dots the i's.

2. Bryan trys to get some sleep.

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Speck (UN: utek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Speck has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/950227-Special-Delivery/cid/241059-Asking-Off-From-Work