*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/profile/reviews/mcgupta44
Review Requests: ON
5,854 Public Reviews Given
5,944 Total Reviews Given
Public Reviews
Previous ... -1- 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next
1
1
Review of The Mommy Cycle  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.0)
This is a nice poem about the daily chores that are the life of a home maker. She has several things to attend to, many at the same time--an enviable knack in women called "multi-tasking".[And, as regards myself, I often fail to complete a task even with full and undivided attention!

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
2
2
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
This is a unique story with a unique theme. But, well, it is a story, after all. The initial impression one gets about the disappearance of some persons is that they were just lifted off or killed. However, after a long discourse about the psychological pressure to conform to the same mould comes the revelation that they were all alive (and untraced by the police!)

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
3
3
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
This is a nice poem for children in enjoyable rhyme and rhythm.

The opening itself is inviting enough, though not for any particular reason--

I spied a pumpkin in the patch
like none I've ever seen,
with purple skin it stood alone
among the orange and green.

The end is equally interesting:

What will you give me?" said the boy.
"What kind of special treat?"
The pumpkin said, "A pot of gold
I'll lay beside your feet."

>>> This is a reciprocal review.

MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
4
4
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (3.5)
Nice poem! This subject is rarely a source of poetry.

Its genre is stated as satire. I wonder why. How can the death of a poor deer against your vehicle be described as satire? You ought to be rather sorry for it.

This is a reciprocal review.

Keep writing!

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
5
5
Review of Cowboy Basics 101  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
This article is an eye opener.
SOME GEMS:

Cowboys almost never bathe.

Cowboys never go to the bathroom.

They have unending energy. Normal men would be tired from being on a horse off and on for 12 hours, and just settle for supper and sleep. Not a cowboy.

The cowboy never got the girl.

a good cowboy was always close to his horse.

--tHIS IS A RECIPROCAL REVIEW.

--MCG

=================================


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
6
6
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (3.5)
Good idea, trying to find stories of God's bounty and bountifulness and kindness!

BUT

The question arises in the mind immediately--Why look for bounty?

If god's acts of kindness are diffuse and innumerable and immemorial, need we to look and search for them?

WHERE is the catch?

The catch is this--Your search ground is obviously too small if you can't search for a flower in it.

Why confine your search to Jesus and Christianity? Why not include other faiths--Islam, Hinduism, Budhism, Jainism etc.?

You will find too much to fulfill your needs.

However, for this, you need to broaden your perspective, not keep it confined.

--M C Gupta

--This is a reciprocal review.
7
7
Review of Y'all Come!  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (3.5)
This is a nice story. To me it reveals how much, without reason, elderly people get annoyed with an 8 year old boy singing a song they don't like!

Freedom and independence--are these words to be used only in constitutional courts? Do they have no place in a household?

--This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
8
8
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
This is a new idea, a nice one and a thoughtful one--to remember those members of the wdc who have passed away. Who wants to be forgotten? You are thus fulfilling the hidden desires of the members. I, for one, would certainly not like to be forgotten!

This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG
9
9
Review of Before Waking  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
Reproduced below is the poem, in its entirety!

Just before waking, I think of you
Slowly slipping away from me.
Just before sleeping, I think of you
Slowly slipping away from me.
I fear sleep.
I fear waking.
I think of you.
Slipping away.

***

This is what is really good poetry. Short, pithy, poignant, full of meaning, not an extra word wasted!
This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
10
10
Review of My Wish  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (3.5)
It is a nice poem about love.
The opening was a bit unusual:

I wish it could be
that you could feel me hold you,

Though not particularly remarkable, this poem, to me, is unique in a certain way.

Sent as a reciprocal review.

Keep writing!

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
11
11
Review of Strange Love  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (3.0)
This is a nice collection of statements such as:

It's strange that you still love someone eventhough she has flaws.

It's extraordinary that you love someone opposite to you.

It's peculiar that you love someone who, is judged by others' standards.

>>> All these statements fit into a pattern. But that pattern is not of poetry.

DEFINITION OF POETRY:

(Poetry is) texts in rhythmic form, often employing rhyme and usually shorter and more concentrated in language and ideas than either prose or drama www.longman.co.uk/tt_seceng/resources/glosauth.htm

--This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta

==============================


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
12
12
Review of And Yet  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: ASR | (4.0)
This is labelled as Free form poem.
Well, it is certainly so.

I am not very fond of Free form poems. However, this one is an exception. It is certainly a nice poem.

REF:

Where sparks fly
Where my Beloved gazes into my eyes
and whispers
and yet, my love
and yet
We have only just begun

>>> Wish you a happy journey ahead!

[However, the course of truelove never did run smooth.---Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night’s Dream. ]

--This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
13
13
Review of MEMORIES  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (2.5)
This is a piece which needs to be commented upon rather seriously:

A-- It is described as--A poem for my best friend. The problem is that it is just not a poem!

B--You say---
"I will never forget when the doctor said you were in heart failure and there was nothing that they could for

you. You have reached an age where you would never survive the surgery and I had to make the humane decision. I had to let you go and have them put you to sleep."

>>>I am a doctor who changed to law.
FIRSTLY--I have never heard of heart failure as a reason for euthanasia.
SECONDLY, Besides, except being a friend, you had apparently no authority "to make the humane decision. I had to let you go and have them put you to sleep."

THIRDLY, unless you specify in which country this was carried out, the act itself looks illegal because it is only in very few countries that euthanasia is legally permitted.

Sent as a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
14
14
Review of Walls Could Talk  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.0)
It is a nice poem. However, a poem becomes nicer if you exercise some sort of control on line length, syllabic counts, rhythm and rhyme.

The last two lines sum up the poem here--

Mysteries abound in the manor house at the end of the long lane
Because if you listen , the walls will talk and their stories they will tell.

It is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
15
15
Review of Please don't cry  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
This is a wonderful piece. Almost the whole piece seems to be routine, unremarkable and mundane. AND, then comes the masterpiece in the form of the sentence--"I look forward to his visits; the graveyard is a lonely place."

Keep writing.

This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
16
16
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
This is a very nice piece about a selfless lady who gladly served others without asking. The description--A woman with a servant heart--appeared a bit unusual at first sight but after reading the story, I feel it is quite justified.

You have a smooth and engaging style of writing. Keep it up.

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
17
17
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: 13+ | (5.0)
This is unbelievable! I think it almost impossible to think of such a theme and then to write such a wonderful story out of it. You have great talent. Keep writing!

This is a reciprocal review.

--Dr. M. C. Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
18
18
Review of I am jobless  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
He stares at me for a few seconds.
Speaks slowly to me,
"Please leave the company."

I wonder.
Now I am returning to home.
I am jobless.

>>> The above lines are poignant. They suddenly remind one of--
"Beggars are not choosers".

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
19
19
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
This is a very well written piece about experiences at a small naval base as a young woman, not even 20, married to a young sailor. The school of life is the best school and you have made full use of it. It was a nice thing to top it with the label of a RN.

This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
20
20
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
I am thrilled to read this poem written by an Air Force veteran and a poet with many poetry books. [I too served the Army as a Captain AMC (Army Medical Corps) for three years and write poetry.
My book "A bunch of sonnets" is available at:

https://www.amazon.in/bunch-sonnets-Dr-M-Gupta/dp/...

https://notionpress.com/read/a-bunch-of-sonnets

***

SUGGESTION:


Over in the corner lays a bent propeller >>> The grammatical correct form is--lies

***


vibrant gold wings on a blue background,--""All the lines in your poem start with a Capital letter EXCEPT--

Never remembering our future is tied to the past.

A very good poem indeed!

This is a reciprocal review.

--MCG


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
21
21
Review of I Miss My Dad  
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
This is a sad mixture of family woes where the husband has Alzheimer's and parkinsonism and the wife has loss of memory and ability to reason. What is refreshing is that the family somehow managed to have a semblance of being knit together. Life is not easy but it is for us to make it tolerable or more difficult. It all depends up on our thought process.

Your description is very picturesque.

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
22
22
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (4.5)
The Artist’s sky is different each day, and it’s a shame that most people miss this morning art.

>>> How true!

You have an artistic mind and an accomplished pen.

Keep writing--for your own sake as well that of others.

This is a reciprocal view.

--M C Gupta

==============================
23
23
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: ASR | (4.0)


Hello,

Very well said--

"Where did the child go,
that spent her summers picking flowers,"

>>>
One day the child metamorphosed
Into a young lover
Who after breaking some hearts
was broken herself.

--M C Gupta
NOTE--This is a reciprocal review as per my policy.


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
24
24
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: E | (5.0)
This is a wonderful and true and realistic account of how one feels after losing a life partner. It is very well presented. You have a very sensitive and touching way of presentation. While I feel your loss, I cannot but admire your writing style.

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
25
25
Review by Dr M C Gupta
Rated: 18+ | (3.5)
Sometimes things happen which make us believe in miracles. However, science is not convinced about miracles. Some miracles are well documented and make even scientists wonder.

Keep writing

This is a reciprocal review.

--M C Gupta

========================


*Gold* My review has been submitted for consideration in "Good Deeds Get CASH!.
2,029 Reviews · *Magnify*
Page of 82 · 25 per page   < >
Printed from https://shop.writing.com/main/profile/reviews/mcgupta44